Tuesday, May 20, 2014

easter weekend

I think this is the first time my whole family has been together for Easter in YEARS.  Pretty sure the more our family is growing the more chaos it is at times but it's definitely a blast (although I'm sure my parents are ready for a break when it's over).
On Good Friday, my dad took all the boy's out to lunch while we prepped for the baby shower.
Pretty sure that lunch was CRAZY and the restaurant was ready for them to leave.
Boys.
 The kid's surprised us all when they BEGGED to swim.  We let them thinking they would be out within 20 minutes.  Not so.  They surprised us and swam for HOURS!
 On Saturday evening, my dad drove CLEAR to the ghetto----really, you know it's the ghetto when you have armed forces guns in hand standing outside this crawfish joint---to get what people say is the BEST crawfish in Baton Rouge. 
 It definitely didn't disappoint.
 Afterwards, the kids got busy dying eggs.
 The next morning was Easter and like always, the kids LOVE to come down to see all the goods the Easter Bunny brought.
 I swear those chocolate bunnies are given every year and never get eaten.
 
 The kids hunted for the boiled eggs before church.
 
And then after church they got to have their BIG egg hunt in my parent's yard.
Chocolate candy melts quickly in the Louisiana heat.
But Boston thought he was the bomb for finding the golden egg with $20 inside.
 My parents with all their grandkids--top row Boston (6), Rylee (11), Sophie (9), Charlie (6), Krew (4) bottom row: Hudson (3), Landry (2), Krew (4)
 I sure love these boys.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Love you posts, Karlee! It's so fun to reflect on the times we have been together. Great memories! (P.S. I think you forgot Dakota in the picture with us, oops!)

jamie said...

I just love your family! So cute.