Saturday, February 15, 2014

january wrap up

 It seems like January took FOREVER.  
I hated January for the most part.  
Here's a quick recap of our month.
Our little Hudson went into SUNBEAMS.  His birthday is December 30th so he's the youngest kid in primary.  
So far he's done a good job but he came home his first Sunday acting pretty crazy.

 Hudson has gotten to go on many lunch dates with momma lately.  One in particular was Jimmy John's.  I love me a JJ sandwich but was a tad nervous because this kid doesn't do a sandwich....apparently unless its Jimmy John's.  He's a little stinker.
 Its been FREEZING here so we've had a few play dates at home.
 Speaking of COLD, we had our FIRST "snow" day.  Boston got the day off from school and although there was little "snow," we did get a little ice.  This was our longest icicle we could find.  The boys were amazed.  All was good and well until Hudson thought it would be funny to make Boston upset by breaking it off.  That kid is a TEASE.
 Trying to keep two boys busy who were cooped up inside all day was a little bit of a challenge. 
 Another reason I HATE winter.  I'm SO over it and want it to be spring time SO bad.
But one good thing about Texas is that you will randomly get a warm day mixed in with all the cold.  When we do, we take FULL advantage.
 I learned this month that although Hudson has been off the binki for QUITE some time, he still wants one.  Somewhere he discovered this thing and came down all proud of himself for finding it.  He wasn't too happy when I asked for it.  I swear those binki's get lost and just when you think they are gone forever, one pops up.  This binki went straight into the trash after this.
 Boston got the clear to remove his sling and FINALLY got to start participating in basketball again.  
Back to the sports life.
These boys were dead after this practice.
We have spent our Friday nights watching daddy play in his bball league.
(I know this is a pic of Boston dribbling the ball but Kent's the guy in the black in the background---picture courtesy of Hudson).
Sadly, they haven't won a game yet.  Kent's getting pretty frustrated.
 We've had a few napless days, which leaves for a grouchy yet sometimes cuddly evening.
 I spent a night yelling at the TV....then turned on my Real Housewives because that's WAY more entertaining and WAY less stressful.  And even though those women lie and are conniving, somehow I like their lies alot more.
 I finally forced us out of the house one day to make some Christmas returns at the mall.  Hudson enjoyed getting OUT and riding the train around the mall.
 And of course, another lunch date with mom.
See, not an overly exciting month and I'm seriously glad it's OVER.

1 comment:

BEN and BRIT said...

Nice to know I'm not the only one that finds the Real Housewives entertaining! I may or may not be addicted.

I, too, seriously hibernated all winter--thank goodness this Texas weather has FINALLY warmed up.