Tuesday, February 04, 2014

hudson turns 3

Our sweet Huddy turned THREE on December 30th.  I can't even believe he's now THREE. 
 Time flies (I know everyone always says that but it really does).

 Since we were in Dallas for his birthday, we put together a quick last minute party with my sister and a few friends in Dallas.  This boy is ALL about his CARS.  So, we went with the Car's theme and turned my sister's dining room into Radiator Springs.








 I learned quickly that Hudson LOVES tater tots.  I never buy them and honestly I don't know if my kids have ever tried them but Hudson ate quite a few (hey, its his birthday and he can do what he wants).
 Then it was present time.  When I asked him what he wanted for his birthday all he ever said was CARS and TRUCKS (you have NO idea how hard it is to buy gifts RIGHT after Christmas).  Then of course, a few days before his birthday he told me he wanted a "BIG MATER like Lan man".  We had ZERO idea what BIG mater he was talking about but I went in search of some kind of BIG mater and found a remote controlled one.  Not sure if that's what he was expecting but it's now a hit in our house.

 We also gave him a STRIDER bike.  Boy, does he think he's just the BIGGEST thing on that bike.
 It didn't take Landry long to go find his and join in on the fun.
 Please ignore the HORRIBILE cake that was made.  Seriously, SO last minute and SO not thought through.....hopefully he won't remember it in a few years.
Happy Birthday to our Hudson.  
He lights up our home and always makes us smile.  
I'll never get sick of hearing him say:
I lub you
I want some cockcorn
Uh-huh
A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, COME WITH ME, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
I want my fillow (pillow)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I like that you say you threw this together, while being on the road no less. That would have taken me months and 100 lbs of stress eating.

Adrienne said...

You are hilarious! You just threw that together at the last minute?! I would have had to take weeks and weeks to plan something that cute ;) You always host the cutest parties for your kids. I still think about that train party you posted about for Boston, how many years ago? b/c I remember thinking how cool of a mom you are! Hudson is a cutie ;)