Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Visit From Mimi

After months of anxiously awaiting our turn for Mimi to come visit, she finally did!  Her life has been pretty busy planning a wedding so between that and her trips to Utah, we finally got a chance to have her come to Houston.  We were glad.  Hudson become her little shadow.   He went around yelling "NINI! NINI!" All day!  We filled our days with shopping while Boston was at school.  We quickly learned that Hudson is not AT ALL ready to go into Pier 1 without being strapped into a stroller.  Oh that boy was LOVING life that day (while stressing momma OUT)!  Thank goodness we left without anything being broken!
We also did some crafting.  I'm not a big crafter, I'd much rather pay someone to do it for me, but mom convinced me so this is what we did....
Friday we fulfilled Boston's wish of just wanting chicken nuggets for school lunch and brought him some Chickfila.  Notice Hudson cheesin it up in the background...
We got to sit at the special table reserved JUST for visitors.  Since it was Friday, the spirit cart was up and Mimi treated Boston to a little goodie....and the good mom I am, chunked it in the trash without thinking.  Good thing Boston spotted it!
I showed my mom his classroom where she learned just exactly what "open concept classrooms" are here in this school district.
Friday and Saturday we headed up to The Woodlands for Time Out for Women.  It was very uplifting and left me leaving wanting to be better and give more.  I feel very blessed in my life and I feel like I can definitely do more to help others.  Could you imagine if we all did just a little bit more how much better this world would be?  I also introduced my mom to Grimaldi's pizza since we were at the Marriott right next to it!  She fell in love.  I'm not surprised.  It's the best!
Saturday, after having the boys to himself since Friday afternoon, Kent met up with us for dinner.  My mom offered to take the boys while we went and had a night to ourselves.  I was grateful for that and off Kent and I went for pedicures and dessert.  I'll take any time with him that I can get!  Thanks mom!
Sunday of course was church, followed by a quick lunch so that she could get on the road back to Baton Rouge.  The boys were sad to have her go...and so was I.
We love having her come and visit.  We are spoiled when she comes.  It's been over a week now and Hudson still runs around asking for Nini.  Come back soon!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Had such a wonderful time with you and your family! That Hudson is bundle of energy. He would follow me everywhere and even was by my side as I put on my makeup. Thinking he was just curious and wanted to see what special little item he could charm his Mimi out of! And loved going to school with Boston and seeing his new teacher. He will have a great year!
You may be more talented than you think. The wreath turned out really cute! Have you hung it on the door yet? Thanks for having me and thanks to Kent for watching the boys!!

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

Wow! You guys were busy! What a fun time with Mimi! I love how excited the kids get when Mimi comes to town, it's the best. And Hudson calling mom Nini!!! That is awesome!

Your wreath turned out great! I'm so impressed and I'm glad that mom talked you in to doing a fun little Halloween craft! One day we will be closer so we can do fun Halloween things together!

Love you!