Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Changes

Before Christmas, I was SO tired of tripping over toys every where I turned.  Without hardly any hesitation I told Kent one day that it was time to move the boys into the same room and make Hudson's bedroom the playroom.  I knew we were going to come home after Christmas with even MORE toys and by that time I probably would have lost my mind.  So into one room they went.  I LOVE IT!  It really hasn't come with TOO many issues.  Some nights the boys will play and some mornings Boston wakes up at 6:45 am to relieve himself since he can't seem to hold in any longer (trust me, this drives me crazy but I'd rather him pee then have an accident I guess...), it causes a few issues but overall its been great.  Part of me LOVES them playing upstairs when they should be sleeping.  Why?  I guess I just love hearing them laugh and bond together.  Although TRUST me, by 9 pm I'm OVER it!  Thankfully if Hudson gets woken up by Boston's early morning potty breaks, he usually cries for a second and goes back to sleep.  So all in all, its been working.  Now when Hudson is in a big boy bed, it might be a different story.  I do LOVE, LOVE, LOVE having Hudson's old room dedicated to toys.  It makes me happy every time I walk by it and it makes me even HAPPIER when I walk downstairs and there are NO toys!  Since we are still in our little townhouse for a little bit longer, I've had to make due and make room where I can.  I feel like we are busting at the seams (this is the LONGEST we have ever lived in ONE place) but I guess that means I just need to reorganize and throw stuff away (we have done LOTS of that lately).  Funny how much happier I have been since we've been doing that!  HALLELUJAH!

On another note, here's a fun video of Hudson walking.  This kid has been walking for about a month now and I just love seeing him roam around like a little man.  He is clumsy and runs into stuff CONSTANTLY (as you will see).  This brings a new bruise to the face daily.  I swear people think I probably beat my child but trust me, he does it ALL on his own!  Oh!  Notice the brush in his hand.  THAT is a favorite for him to carry around with him (that or the aquaphor..). 

3 comments:

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

I am laughing SO hard right now!!! That video of Hudson walking is HILARIOUS!!!! It's almost normal for them to fall every now and then when they first learn to walk, but when he got up from his fall and raced to the door, only to RUN IN TO IT....HAHAHAHA!!!!! SOOOO funny! Love him!

Kari Combe said...

Oh I bet it is so nice not having all the toys downstairs and having them all contained in one room upstairs. I wish I had that here...I'm constantly tripping over toys and I know it's just going to get worse with 2 kids! I'm so excited you posted that video of Hudson walking! I LOVE it when little ones start walking...it's so cute and funny watching their clumsiness. I love how Boston and Hudson see like such great buddies too...Boston is such a good older brother!

Mom said...

So fun to finally see Hudson walking! Can't wait to see him in a couple weeks! Love that he and Boston are such good friends. They may not always feel that way. But you can play these kinds of videos when they get older to remind them of the love they have for each other.