Sunday, February 05, 2012

Basketball

We tried basketball for the first time and it was a HIT!  I asked Boston if he preferred basketball or soccer more and he responded, "BASKETBALL...because its SO much easier than soccer!"  He was probably referring to the fact that there's not as much running and chasing AND he made more points in basketball.  Is my son lazy or what?

I didn't get very good pictures this season because I was trying to take pictures AND handle Hudson on the bench.  Kent helped assistant coach (Boston's friend Kyler's dad, Jason, was the head coach...yes he was brave) so he was either on the court or on the sideline helping out so he obviously couldn't help me out.
Boston prefers to dribble LEFT HANDED and LOVES to race down the court when its time to switch baskets.  It was fun to see the team progress throughout the season.  It felt like when the season was just ending they were all getting SO good!
Here's a video of Boston scoring from the last game.  He's SOOO happy and proud each time he scores.  He was constantly reminding us after each game how many goals he had made this season (he finished with a total of 8 shots)! During soccer season, we started the tradition of getting a candy bar every time he scored.  Well, apparently Boston felt it necessary to carry it on during basketball.  Once he learned what a candy bar was, he wasn't about to give that up!
It was a great season and fun to see Boston try something new.  We've had 2 weeks with NO GAMES and its been nice but now soccer season is starting.  I'm accepting that this is going to be my life now....

2 comments:

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

Way to go Boston!!!!!! He's a natural. How fun will it be when Boston and Hudson can play basketball outside together with their daddy?!?! So fun! Pretty soon you'll be going to all the jr. high and high school basketball games, cheering your boys on, for years to come. =)

Kari Combe said...

So cute! Boston is a basketball STAR! I'm sure watching your son play sports and get so excited about it is a daddy's dream and I bet Kent is loving it! I wish I could see Boston make that basket a little better and see his face after...the video was a little blurry. But I could tell he was smiling as he was running away and could tell he's having a BLAST!