Our last day of fun filled memories continued when we went bowling New Years Eve. This is one of Boston's FAVORITE activities and he was on cloud nine when he found out what we were doing that day!
Can you tell how excited he gets?
Bryson doesn't look as thrilled (promise he really was)! Bryson became Boston's big buddy! Love the friendship they formed!
Once we finished up bowling, everyone headed over to Golden Corral for dinner. I hadn't been there in YEARS but kids never turn down endless dessert so they were in heaven!
We ended the evening with fireworks at Kelly's house. The kids LOVE to light sparklers.
See them all begging Jeff for another?
Once all the sparklers were finished, all the guys put on a BIG firework show. Boston has sensitive ears and HATES loud noises so apparently fireworks STILL make him nervous. He sat on my lap the whole time with his hands AND my hands covering his ears. Hudson on the other hand, hung out with all his big cousins and didn't seem to mind it ONE BIT!
We didn't stay until midnight because the kids were DONE so we headed back to my parent's house where I was DETERMINED to ring in the New Year AWAKE. It seems like the last few years, we've been exhausted and end up falling asleep before midnight. We're such exciting people, right? Well Kent zonked and I BARELY stayed awake with my dad while we watched Training Day on TV. Exciting, no but hey I was awake! One of these years I'd LOVE to throw a New Year's party....ONE DAY!
For now, HAPPY 2012!
2 comments:
What a fun night! I'm glad you were able to spend some more time with the Hooper side. I'm know Boston highly enjoyed being with his cousins and aunts and ucles and grandma, of course. So fun!
Karlee, it is funny that you should comment on us being so close to Baton Rouge. We were just there a couple days ago at the temple and the whole time we were in Baton Rouge, I kept thinking...I wonder where Karlee's family lives? I thought Jack's comment about Elder Gonzales was hilarious. I wanted so bad to go up and tell him, but I didn't. He did such a great job speaking, and he is really funny. He seems like such a great guy. Anyways, I have also been wanting to ask you about New Orleans. We are wanting to take a day trip or two out there and are wanting to know some fun things to do. I think we will hit up the zoo and the French Quarter, but are there any other must see's? I need to go over your New Orleans post again. I noticed you had a good place to eat. Anyways, I thought I would see your thoughts. Thanks!!
PS. Could your boys be any cuter?? Don't you love having little boys?
Post a Comment