Friday, February 10, 2012

Family Time

Last weekend we had a GREAT time together as a family.  We had NOTHING going on that Saturday and just spent the day together.  We headed up to The Woodlands to shop with some gift cards I've had for MONTHS and just hangout and eat dinner up there.  I love the whole atmosphere and can NOT wait for this kinda thing to be built closer down by us (hopefully sooner than later)!  When we were finished at the mall and letting the kids play at the play area, we headed down to the waterway for dinner.  Usually I let Boston play in this splash area in the spring/summer but its February and MUCH too cold for this! Hudson the explorer tried on MULTIPLE occasions to run through it regardless of HOW chilly it was.  Thankfully, we only walked away with a little water on his pants (you can kind of see it in this picture).  
Can you tell how HAPPY Boston was to feed the ducks??  Since I had ZERO bread, we improvised with baby puffs!  Hey, the ducks LOVED it! 
While we were walking around, they had music playing. Louis, Louis came on and Hudson GOT DOWN and put on a show for a few people! It was pretty hilarious!  My son's got moves!  This kid seriously cracks me up!  I just can't help but love him.

 After about an hour wait, we finally got into the FAMOUS......
A friend told me that Grimaldi's was up in The Woodlands and I was ECSTATIC!  After going to NYC, walking the Brooklyn bridge PREGNANT JUST to get some ORIGINAL GRIMALDI'S pizza only to find out they were CLOSED, I have been DYING to get my hands on this pizza!  Well, come to find out we are lucky enough to have one here in HOUSTON!  I told Kent about it and we were there the next weekend!  (Sorry my pictures are sideways.  I took these with my phone and for whatever reason, my computer won't let me rotate them!) 
 Boston got to play with the pizza dough.  He was SO excited about it....can't you tell? ;)
 You get to customize your own pizza so Kent and I decided to get the BIGGEST pizza and make it margarita style!  IT WAS TO.DIE.FOR.  Needless to say we downed the ENTIRE pizza in one sitting.  Pigs?  Maybe so but it was just that GOOD!   Kent said its the BEST pizza he's had since Italy!   
Other than the disgusting couple who were making out at the table right next to us, it was a WONDERFUL experience and I'm totally tempted to go back again this weekend!  I've always loved going up to The Woodlands and now I love it EVEN more!!!

6 comments:

Mimi said...

Hudson is cracking me up - so cute!

Mom said...

That video of Hudson is HILARIOUS!! At times it even looks fake because you wouldn't think a little guy would be able to make such GREAT moves! Looks like we have a dancer in the family. He must have Kent's genes cause he's got moves!

Jenn said...

Hudson has some moves! I love The Woodlands! We went to The Americas restaurant there on the waterway for our anniversary last year and it was amazing! Looks like yall had fun :)

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

What a FUN FUN weekend!!! Love that little Huddy Hud. He gets those dance moves from his Mama and Daddy! I love how he's just shakin' away!! I also am loving Boston's hair! I can't believe how big he's getting. It seems like everytime I see him, he thins out even more! He's GOT to STOP growing!!!!

Carrie said...

HUDSON IS AWESOME!!! Love it!

Adrienne said...

haha Hudson is too cute! That little booty shaking ;) too sweet!
Speaking of wishing the Woodlands was closer...we need something like that around Baton Rouge, please!