Monday, December 12, 2011

My Bubba


Since Hudson gets an update every month I feel like I miss out on writing enough about Boston! Boy, do I love this kid! He's my little pal. In the last year, he's grown SO much in so many different ways. First and foremost he really is the GREATEST big brother. Kent and I often tell each other that he was MEANT to be the oldest. Its the sweetest thing to see their dynamic, I don't know if I'll ever get over it. Boston LOVES to run and be active and to just be doing ANYTHING! Every day he constantly asks, "Mom, what are we going to do fun today?!?" Well, we was completely surprised and thrilled when I copied my sister and took him outside to jump in the puddles!


That smile never left his face!


Boston likes to do whatever Kent is doing. He's his shadow. Kent went out to wash the car a while back and guess who I found soaking wet when I walked out??


He's my builder boy who can build anything with his imagination. His creative mind has SOARED lately. He is constantly building "bad guys" (he prefers them over the GOOD guys apparently even though we remind him constantly the bad guys never win). The latest craze is BOWSER (aka the bad guy from Mario Bros.). So he's constantly building up Bowser's family, Bowser's castle, etc. He knows EXACTLY what he wants them to look like and gets frustrated when I help and don't do it just so.


He can get pretty silly. Sometimes he can get VERY silly and go overboard. During Halloween, he thought it was HILARIOUS when he tried on his old bat costume from when he was two.


Boston used to HATE to color, paint, etc. Like I said, his creative juices have just recently started to flow and I'm glad they've finally arrived. Now he can sit down and do these things for quite some time. Between his writings, drawings, and paintings, we go through ALOT of paper in our house.



We love this boy. He's only 4 but I just have a hard time believing he's going to continue to get bigger. I wish I could just freeze time and keep him 4 FOREVER! His response to that, "But mom, I have to get bigger. I have to get bigger like daddy and be a grown up!" Almost every day he says to me, "Look at me mom, look at my legs. When I woke up, I got bigger today huh?" What is this obsession with getting bigger??? Please Bubba, just SLOW DOWN!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

He is adorable!!! I love those stencils he is using, where did you get them??