Once we got home from Louisiana I feel like our life just got thrown into fast mode. We've had things going on it seems like every night & day. I was determined to get our tree up one night because if we didn't do it then, it would have had to wait another week! I had in my mind a nice, quiet evening, listening to Christmas music, decorating the tree as a family...totally picturesque. Did it happen? Nope. It was a RUSHED evening. We got home late, rushed to put it up, Boston was past his bed time& Kent had basketball to get to. So although maybe the pictures look one way, we only had about 20 minutes doing it as a family and then Kent left, I put Boston to bed and did it all by myself. I was a little sad about it quite frankly. Hopefully this doesn't happen again next year.
Boston was REALLY into putting the ornaments on the tree this year. I felt bad sending him to bed. And yes, I realize his pj's are on backwards but we didn't have much time to fix them if we wanted to get the tree decorated. I also must admit that maybe it was a good thing Kent and Boston didn't help finish because when they were gone I took ALL the ornaments off and redid it myself. Every ornament has to be in the right spot and it was looking all wrong.
The next morning we started a new tradition. I wrapped all our Christmas books and put them under the tree. The plan is to have a new book to open all the way until Christmas but I'm a few books shy so maybe next year. After a few weeks of doing this I think Boston started to get annoyed that they were ALL books. He'll be very anxious to open something besides BOOKS on Christmas.
We also pulled out our little elf, Piccalo. Instead of wrapping him up, this year he brought us breakfast from the North Pole (thanks to Ashley/pinterest for the idea). Boston was seriously in awe of him this year. It was pretty adorable.
He wrote a little personal note to Boston and brought snow covered doughnuts and hot chocolate with giant glaciers.
The breakfast was a hit and I even caught Boston sitting downstairs at the table later just sitting STARING at him.
We also got our lights hung a few days after that. We didn't put as many out this year as we usually do but that's because I convinced Kent that the way he had done it in the past was tacky. Poor guy just wanted his flaming tree but I'm pretty sure he's okay with not having to put forth the extra work.
I have SO much more to do before Christmas comes in almost a WEEK! I've decided next year not to wait until the last minute to shop!
3 comments:
hiya jinxy pie! sounds like you're busily preparing for the hols! in the midst of all this chaos, i hope you take a moment or two to slow down, stop and take a deep deep breath and remember what this season's really all about. love you and see you soon! xx, shells
Love this post! Boston's face when he is looking at the Elf is priceless!!! He is in utter awe of that little thing. I'm so sad we didn't get to do the breakfast thing this year. =( Next year, next year. It's a great idea!!!
Love the Elf on the Shelf breakfast! So cute.
Post a Comment