This year we headed back to Baton Rouge to spend Thanksgiving with ours families. Kari and her family flew in from Utah to be there too which we were VERY excited about since we don't see them too often! Thanksgiving day started out with picking oranges from Papa's little orange tree. The boys were excited about that. Boston just wanted to pick it, not eat it but Krew DOWNED his orange in minutes.
I found a fun craft off pinterest for the boys to keep them busy while we were waiting for dinner to be ready. We made these little teepees from waffle cones. I think Krew enjoyed eating it more then making it.
In the meantime, dinner was being prepared. This year we had THREE, yes THREE turkeys! My dad got a green egg this year and wanted to smoke a turkey.
Then my mom baked a regular turkey. The smoked turkey was the WINNER!!! We ate a delicious dinner with my Uncle Mike & Aunt Jill+family who came over from Houston. Oh how I love me some turkey dinner. Turkey, potatoes, gravy, shoe peg corn casserole, rolls, sweet potatoes LOADED with doubled sugar toppings, stuffing...there really is no better meal (but maybe I'd feel differently if we didn't just eat this once a year).
And afterwards, apparently the boys were exhausted from all their hard work making AND eating the turkeys. The women were cleaning and prepping pies in the meantime. Is something wrong with that??? I think so...
The boys magically woke up just in time to divulge into some pies. We had many pie options and since the ONLY pie I'll eat is a chocolate pie (only on oreo crust because I'm not a fan of pie crust) I was a little paranoid and protective of the amount of chocolate pie people took. I allowed ONE SMALL piece per person. Common, if THEY have 5 other pies to choose from they have other options. I only have ONE people.
This is my dad's brother's family (and their nephew Garrett who tagged along too). They live in Houston about 25 minutes from us but we don't get to see them too often so it was nice to visit for a bit.
After Thanksgiving was done and over with at my parents house, we headed over to my sister-in-law's, Kelly, to visit with Kent's family for a few hours before the day was done. Boston loves to go play with all his cousins and was worn out by the time we left!
This year I am especially grateful for family. My little family and our extended family. I'm so glad we got to spend this Thanksgiving with most of them!!
2 comments:
Aw man! Look how much fun y'all had. What a fun group of people. I'm glad Kari and Brandon were able to come. I sure miss that little Krew. And Mike and Jill's kids are getting SO tall!!! It's weird to think how old all of them are. :(
And I LOVE LOVE LOVE your family cooridating outfits. You and Kari's families.....LOVE! You guys all look amazing. So sad we missed out.
LOVE all the pictures from Thanksgiving! That turkey or I guess turkey's dinner was so so good!! And I've gained some major L.B.'s from it too...don't need anymore of those added on to my 5'2" frame! It was so great to see everyone and spend good, quality time together! Just wish we could do this more often and that Kristin and Chad's family could've been there too!
Post a Comment