Saturday after Thanksgiving, we went downtown to the science center. It wasn't anything amazing but it wasn't crowded and there was plenty to keep the kids entertained.
Boston and Mimi tried out the pulley system....
And this is what Kent did most of the time. He was determined to figure these things out. Not sure if he ever did.
We then got to spend time in the arts and crafts area. Boston's imagination just flows these days so it was fun to see what things he put together to make "Bowser's trap" (b/c what else would he want to make these days).
The boys wanted to explore the mighty Mississippi right behind the science center once we were done.
Later that day, we headed over to Kent's mom's house. She was sweet and took the kids who wanted to go see Arthur Christmas. In the meantime, the adults kicked it at the house, watched football and laughed at each other.
Since we all live so far apart and never get to celebrate birthdays together, Sunday we had a mini celebration for Kari. She hit the big 3-0 on December 2nd!
Then my parents weaseled us into putting up their Christmas tree. Since daddy nearly kills himself every year putting it up and puts my mom into cardiac arrest while doing so, we took matters into our own hands while they coached from the sidelines.
It was actually very enjoyable putting the tree up. I haven't done it since high school...TEN YEARS AGO! I loved seeing all our old ornaments and still got excited to find my favorites from years past.
Another successful visit to Louisiana came to an end. Sadly we won't see Kari & Brandon for awhile but everyone else, we'll be back soon!!
2 comments:
How fun, you guys always do such fun stuff, wish we lived closer so we could join you!!! Love the tree, I miss doing that at my parents house!!!
I always love science museums! No matter how fancy or not so fancy. My kids LOVE them! Looks like fun. I love how mom was in there helping Boston. And I LOVE Boston's trap for Bowzer. That kid is OBSESSED!! Too cute!
I'm sure mom and dad appreciated everyone's help with the tree set-up. With how big that tree is, they need some younger bodies in there to help decorate now days. =)
Post a Comment