Thursday, March 24, 2011

3 Months
3 months? Really? Already? He really is getting TOO big TOO fast! When Boston was a baby, I couldn't wait until the next phase. Now he's three and I want time to STOP! Now I've found myself with Hudson wanting to savor every moment because I know how fast time goes!
I've been blessed to have a VERY good baby! He naps SO well and has started sleeping until 8 am the past few days. We usually feed him his last feeding between 11-11:30 (although I'm going to bring that down to 10:30 in the next few days) and he'll sleep peacefully until 8 and I'm LOVING it. He is a boy who LOVES his bed which makes it difficult to miss naps (which at this point doesn't give me a long time to be out and about). He SCREAMS and SCREAMS in the car when he gets sleepy and let me tell you he can have one HIGH PITCHED scream! Usually snuggling him with a blanket & binky do the trick but it still takes a bit to get to that point.

He gives us sweet smiles all the time! When he gets really excited he stiffens his arms and kicks his legs really fast then starts to coo at us. You start talking to him and he'll just start chatting right back! He'll still roll over from belly to back but only when HE wants to. I've got video of it that I need to post soon.

He's getting bigger and chunkier each day. He's drinking 5 oz every 3 hours. My stored milk is almost gone and it looks like we'll be going to formula here in the next few days. I had some complications with nursing/pumping & can no longer do it so I'm grateful I had a storage supply that lasted this long.

His head of dark hair is slowly starting to fall out. Every time I touch it these days my fingers have a hair or two stuck to them. I'd love for him to turn blonde but I certainly would prefer him not to go bald to get to that point! Is that vain?? Oh well.

We love this sweet boy SO much and are VERY grateful that we have been blessed to have as a part of our family!

7 comments:

Adrienne said...

He is precious! I love his dark hair! Drew had a head full of it and though I never really noticed, when I look back at his 3-6 month pics, he did lose a lot. I love the picture of he and Boston! So sweet!

michelle said...

dark-haired people don't turn out *all* that bad, right?

Brent and Britta said...

His eyebrows are so expressive! We have the same boppy cover!

Cassie said...

so so cute!

Cassie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mary said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures of some truly HANDSOME boys!!!

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

AWWWWW, look at Spikey's hair! Haha, I just love it. Your boys are freakin' adorable. It's going to be fun to watch them grown together and play together! They are going to be best friends!