Tuesday, August 24, 2010

SHOP TIL YOU DROP (literally)
China Town HERE WE COME! Did I mention this was our 2nd time in China Town (1st time was to get donuts at a GREAT donut shop that now I've forgotten the name but they were the BIGGEST donuts I've ever eaten)?? For some reason, I'm dumb and didn't realize China Town MEANT CHINA TOWN! It was like walking into a whole new country (aka China)! Totally worth it and found some good buys in the purse department! Some of them get a little angry when you get them to lower their price but WHATEVER they should SO be happy I even BOUGHT from them! Our great buys were followed by a DELICIOUS lunch at a SoHo cafe WHERE I DIED for their sandwich! I crave that place many days now...
After a brief break at Ciara's apartment we headed back OUT to explore more of the city! Jamie wanted to find MOOD FABRICS (aka the famous fabric store from Project Runway) so after a little searching we found it! Also not pictured from the day previous we found ZARIN FABRICS (aka JILL Zarin from REAL HOUSEWIVES NYC...surprisingly that was in Chinatown...like I said so close to these famous peeps but SO FAR)!

We also spotted filming preparaton for "The Good Wife"...I don't watch, but Jamie's mom is a fan!

Many times along our long walks between sites I needed to stop for food (mainly to avoid the same incident that happened in the Hamptons). PLUS everyone RAVES about these hot dogs on the street. My review...YUCK! Not a fan although I was in such a desperate need for food, I actually had one TWICE and both times...SAME reaction...YUCK!

This is the closest we got to Lady Liberty although we did see the REAL Statue of Liberty at a distance!

We took a little stroll in Bryant Park (beautiful).
Bryant Park still....we relaxed for a little bit...all that walking was SERIOUSLY killing by this point! This is where FASHION week is held every year!
Ciara and Jamie were trying to act like lions outside the NYC Library (again, another beautiful building).
As you can see these guys were NOT from Chinatown but DEFINITELY laid out bags of knock off purses RIGHT OUTSIDE SAKS 5TH AVENUE! They were DEFINITELY trying to sell for much higher prices to which I REJECTED! Told them I'd rather go back to Chinatown (I ain't no dumbie)!
Empire State building...one day I'll go to the top but this trip, it was not a must DO just a must SEE.
Rockefeller Center---right behind us is the ice skating rink you see at Christmas time and right in front of us is where the BIG Christmas tree stands. To the back left is where the Today show is filmed and to the back right is where Leno is filmed (basically NBC studios)...again so CLOSE to those stars.....
Then we hit up 5th and Park to shop some more (oh I wish)....LOVE this area (who wouldn't). Behind us is THE Trump Tower (so I'd like to think...Ciara said there's 5 in the city total so who knows which is which). This pose is the "You're FIRED" pose:
A little Louis Vuitton....LOVED seeing all these stores!
Past the Yankees Clubhouse....THOSE DANG YANKEES!! Who likes them anyway?? GOOO RANGERS!!!!
This was in front of BLOOMINGDALES....I should have gone in just so I could get "The Little Brown Bag"....next time!
We also finished off the night at Dylan's Candy Store...the GIANT candy store with EVERY candy ever made! YUM!!!! By the end of the night we were getting a LITTLE crazy/delirious and started posing for THESE pictures in the middle of 5th Avenue...I bet those high end, rich snobs REALLY loved us classy girls from the south!

4 comments:

Ciara said...

lol. you kill me. we DID walk past the empire state bldg, but that pic is not it. it's Rockefeller center.

Lindsay said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! I'm so jealous, I'd love to go to N.Y.C.!

Jason.Ashley.Kyler.Camden said...

I am so jealous of your trip! I'm dying to get there! Hey- notice i found your blog and added it on mine now!! YAY! I just needed this day to clean out my inbox and find all the emails that I needed to get to!

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

Okay, now I actually have tears coming down my face. I WANT TO GO THERE!!!! I'm glad you were able to go and get away for a bit though. What a fun girls trip. Next time, you're taking ME!!