NYC MISSES ME!!!
It's about time I post about my FUN, FUN, FUN girl's weekend in NYC!!!!!! It was SOOO nice to getaway, fly BY MYSELF with NO child (and actually get to READ while on a flight) and relax with no worries! Kent took off work to (PURE MIRACLE for him to take time out of his hectic year to do that...that's one reason I LOVE that man) take care of Boston while I VACATIONED! So anyway....onto NYC!!!!!
I got to NYC Thursday afternoon after I took my VERY FIRST ALL BY MYSELF BIG GIRL CAB to Ciara's apartment (I was soo happy I didn't get driven to some random alley where who KNOWS the endless possibilities of what could happen...yes my mind went there the WHOLE cab drive) and spent the evening with Ciara walking around Chelsea Market where we got dinner and then we walked (you'll hear that word ALOT as I post about this trip) more around NYC and saw the Flat Iron building, the Hudson River and a few other fun NYC hot spots (including the SHAKE SHACK where I got a FANTASTIC milkshake). Jamie got in that night and we crashed in order to get up early for our day in SOUTH HAMPTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ciara said this was a must see/do when we came to visit so it was FIRST on our list!
Ciara rented us a Mercedes (you can't go out to the Hamptons any other way) and we headed out for the day!
Our beautiful tour guide for the weekend
I can't say we got in the water ONCE but we didn't have to! The weather wasn't TOO hot AT ALL. It was breezy and beautiful! Not to mention the water was FAAAREEEZING but that's coming from a girl who was raised swimming in the Gulf!
Now that I'm looking at these pictures, I think (actually I KNOW) I lost my sunglasses somewhere in NYC....oh well!
Pregnant Bellies! Jamie is due the end of November and me in early January. South Hamptons is also where I had my second experience of this whole passing out issue that I'm having with this baby surfaced again. Luckily I didn't hit the ground but just started blacking out....THANK GOODNESS for dip-n-dots to help bring me back to (hopefully I didn't embarrass Jamie & Ciara too bad...WHOOPS!).
After our fun, relaxing day at the beach, we ended up taking an EXTRA long time to find this ice cream shoppe that Ciara was DETERMINED to find! That's okay, we saw some BEAUTIFUL houses along the way (I was seriously WOWed) and it TOTALLY makes me want a house in the Hamptons some day!!!
Unfortunately none of the Houseswives, Kelly Ripa, or any other famous stars were spotted out there....although I still feel like they were SO CLOSE I could sense it!
Up NEXT: TIME SQUARE+WICKED!





2 comments:
I am weeping right now because I am so jealous. What a fun time. Have i ever told you that one of my dying wishes is to go to the Hamptons? Well, it is. And the mercedes?!? Rock on. That is AWESOME! I would have never thought about that. But it makes total sense. =)
OK blog stalker alert (me) but oh man I'm so glad you finally posted about NY! Ever since my mom told me you were going there I was dying to hear how it went because I haven't been in so long. Hope you had the time of your life. Also - super cute swimsuit which I'm jealous that you look so cute in even when you're pregnant! Where did you get it!??
Post a Comment