Sunday, July 11, 2010

MY LITTLE FISH
I put Boston in swim lessons in June and I am SO happy I did. One of the YW in our ward, Halie, teaches lessons at her house so we jumped on board. Honestly, Boston may not be able to swim on his own (I didn't think he would) but he is now so much MORE confident about the water. He will put his whole face in and he LOVES to jump off the edge all by himself with his floaties on.
Halie kept trying to get Boston to put his nose+mouth+eyes in the water but he'd only do nose+mouth UNTIL we discovered his LOVE for goggles! Put those babies on and that boy will be under the water for 10 minutes at a time!! At first it made me nervous thinking he didn't know when to come up for air because he was under so long BUT he does! He'll come up for a quick breath of air then go right back under!

I love that he is so much more confident in the water! It seriously makes going to the pool even more exciting! Halie was the BEST and Boston LOVES her and asked me the other day when we were going to Halie's pool again to swim.....next summer Bubba!

Sorry there is no sound to this video but Kent took it from his phone & for some reason I can't get the sound working from the computer. This is when we discovered Boston's love for the goggles at an old high school friend of Kent's one weekend!

No comments: