Wednesday, February 17, 2010

IT BEGINS

Who knew this sweet OCD face was going to turn into a crazy man!
Lately I'm about ready to pull my hair out with this boy sometimes! He has never been the kind of kid that I had to worry about getting into things he shouldn't. For the most part, I could "trust" him when I wasn't in the same room. Well, not anymore.


Silence now means T.R.O.U.B.L.E.

The last few days this has consisted of:
  • Climbing on the kitchen counter (he has NEVER been a climber by the way. This has apparently surfaced lately as well) turning on the water FULL blast while eating the ENTIRE bowl of M&M's that were sitting nearby.

  • Found his old "timeout stool" and used it to aid in pulling ALL the kleenex out of a fairly NEW tissue box on the back of the toilet, taking ALL the toilet paper on the BRAND NEW roll of toilet paper and thinking it'd be fun to flush IT ALL (yes ALL kleenex+toilet paper) down the toilet. This resulted in a major, MAJOR clogged toilet.

  • He now finds it absolutely HILARIOUS to "make a mess" as he says it of ALL his toys and scatter them EVERYWHERE (in past times he used to be a little OCD about having ALL the toys out at once & had to put them back before getting others out. Yes, I LOVED that stage)

  • If I lay him down early for naptime & he's not FULLY tired yet, that just puts him in DESTRUCTIVE mode in his bedroom. This includes dumping ALL toys out, pulling ALL books off the book shelf, pulling ALL his clothes out of his dresser, and opening his closet and taking ALL the clothes out of the hamper to then only smile and laugh when I walk into the room.

  • I have caught him climbing on the kitchen table for no REAL reason other than to just DO IT.

  • He now feels like it is HIS responsibility to pull ALL the DVD's out and take them out of the cases and take turns putting the DVD's in and out of the DVD player when we're not in the room.

WHO IS THIS CHILD AND WHERE IS HIS MOTHER?!?! Seriously! This has all just started and I'm afraid it may only get worse.....

10 comments:

Brent and Britta said...

I love when you ask where that kids mother is! It seriously makes me laugh EVERY TIME!

Katie and Josh Fairbanks said...

Ha ha! I am sorry to,laugh Karlee but this has been my life since Jordan could crawl! And he has not gotten better!!!! We have locks on EVERYTHING the downstairs bathroom, the fridge, his closest, bungee cords work great for the dresser situation, and our door is locked if I am downstairs. I have forgotten to lock the fridge a few times, BAD mistake, and have come in to find him dropping eggs on the ground one by one and pouring himself a glass of juice/spilling it all over the floor. I FEEL your pain and the only thing that I can tell you is to be consistent with the discipline, and try not to kill him,lol! Good luck! Love ya:)

Toones said...

Great Karlee! This is great encouragement for me! Need I remind you that I am carrying THREE!!! possible Bostons?! I will just not think about all of this until I HAVE too!! hahaha
Well he is still just the cutest thing ever, even though he has turned into a little terror!

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

I am laughing SO hard right now. Funny thing is, is that I think he learned about 90% of that from my son. Maybe we SHOULD leave him home when I come out to visit.

jamie said...

this is SO blake all day long!

Cardon Family said...

Oh man... two years ago I threw away all my dvd cases and just put them into one big cd case because I was sick of picking them up...that made me laugh when I read that. All I can say is that you are lucky that he held out this long on you!:) My boys have all become destructive waaaaaayyyyy before Boston!:) haha...I totally know what you are feeling!

Daniel and Tiffany Dunn said...

haha! he's getting a mind of his own!

Bybee's said...

oh my gosh! brax went through the same making messes stage. i couln't stand it!! sounds like he is just turning into a boy. when brax wsa 2 1/2 he decided to turn into phsyco boy. i had a really hard time until i realized i just needed to change how i dealt with him. i have realized that that is just a boy! and...try not to yell too much or kill them! haha

Justin said...

Oh man...Jack is the same way. Never climbed up on anything, and now he will come and show me the brownie he is about to finish off that he climbed up to get. He has never been one to get into mischief but it is slowly slipping away. Out sweet little boys!! What will we do with them?? :) I wish they lived closer so they could play. I feel like they would get along really well.
~Stacey

AmyB said...

I told you he would hit the terrible twos!!