Thursday, July 09, 2009

IT (WAS) THE FOURTH OF JULY!!!
I know I'm about 102958394839587473896127 posts behind but before I continue to play catch up with all my other posts, I decided to post our 4th of July weekend before 2 weeks from now!
Usually we go home to Baton Rouge for the 4th and have our big celebration there but since my parents are in Utah with baby Krew we stayed put. So instead of us going somewhere this year, the Hubbards and Nielsons came down for the weekend from Dallas to celebrate the 4th with us. It was a fun weekend and makes me miss living close to these peeps! Isabel and Boston play so cute together it just cracks me up when I watch them!
Friday we spent the day at The Woodlands mall and did a little shopping. I failed at my attempt to get Kent to buy my iphone but Taylor still hasn't purchased his yet either so I'm in the clear for now! After shopping the Nielson's convinced me to try "Rockafish," or was it just "Rockfish"...I can't remember and to my surprise I wasn't disappointed. I'm not a FISH fan but I DID fall in LOVE with the hawaiian...carribbean...spicy...shrimp we got as an appetizer and my meal didn't disappoint either. So I gotta give the Nielson's props for the reccommendation.

After dinner, we let the kids go play in the fountains. I think Isabel was a little unsure what to do at first but it didn't take too long and she was soaking wet like all the other kids!
The next day was the 4th. What's the FOURTH without BBQing, SWIMMING, and FIREWORKS? So that's what we did! The boys grilled us up some delicious steaks....

Kiers tried to get all seductive eating strawberries (sorry Kiers, doesn't QUITE do it for me....maybe I'll email it over to Taylor)


Little Halle slept while we partied. She put up with all the heat just for us!


After our we got done with that party, we headed out to The Woodlands once more. We chowed down on some PotBelly's (another sandwich place I HIGHLY recommend...thanks Jeremy) and then headed to find our spot for the firework show!


Boston's eyes look all crazy because I believe he had just been a little frightened by the "test" fireworks.




I tried to get a picture of Boston and Isabel in their 4th of July get-up.....

and tried again...

But they weren't having it. Oh well.


This is proof that YES the Hubbards WERE there!
The day was so fun it just WORE these two out in a matter of minutes on the way home...they were POOPED!!!!
Thanks for a GREAT weekend ya'll! Maybe you should come back....?!

6 comments:

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

So the whole time I am sitting here looking through the pictures and thinking, "Okay, didn't she say that Jamie and Brett came down too?" How come they are only in 1 picture?
Looks like you had a great 4th. And it is seriously scary how we have the same taste in close for our boys, because if you didn't notice, Charlie had those exact same shorts for the 4th as well.
And man, it looks like you had so much fun that we didn't need to spend the 4th together. I'm glad your friends came to the rescue!

jamie said...

thanks for the token picture :)

mary said...

These pictures are awesome! I heart 4th of July ... Izzy and Boss-man are too cute together!

Jamie said...

I'm so confused! Are you living in Texas now?

Ciara said...

last pic is the BEST!

The Awesome Rawsons said...

you look so cute karlee! kent looks like he got in a fight with the sun and the sun won. And I want to meet Boston one of these days! we'll be having Jack's birthday party at Jared's parents house the second weekend in August if you guys can make it, we'd love to see you!