ROADTRIP!!!!
I think I took more pictures on our little roadtrip up to Kansas than I did in LA! Anyway, we loaded up 4 kids and began our 14 hr+ drive up to Overland Park, KS! In all honesty, things went fairly well! There was no fighting and overall the kids didn't cry and complain. Every hour or so Rylee and Sophie would ask, "What state are we in?" and if it was the same state we said last time they'd reply, "AHHH!!!!" but if it was a new state it was, "YES!!!! How many more to go?" Which we'd say, "5 more movies!" HAHA!!!
We made our mark on the wall outside his house
Charlie drove us when we got tired.

Maxing and relaxing the whole 14 hrs!
Our excitment of the trip was the license plate game Kristin and I decided to play! We found 38 different licenses plates (including 2 canadian plates)! We're PRO's! Yes, I must admit we stopped at a few truck stops to try and add a few more to our list BUT I was pretty impressed we found that many! I was also surprised that we spotted FOUR MAINE plates (no, the 38 includes the states ONE time not the multiple times we saw the same state). It kept us awake and somewhat enjoying the journey!
We arrived late that night with tired kids and got ready for ONE last week together in Kansas City!






3 comments:
oh my...4 kids in the car for 14 hours?! i'm sure the kids did better with each other than if they were alone, but seriously...that's a big deal! good job. and so cute to see boston and sophie holding hands. ugh. adorable!
and as for you, missy...NICE BUM!!
wow that is a super long drive with 4 kids! you guys are soo brave! They look so cute! That is sweet that you got to see Elvis's house!
Ahhhhh, the memories! That was a really fun trip and I will definetly have to give props to our children! They were extremely good for the 14 hours. Minus the last 1 or so (when it was pooring down rain), but hey, understandable, we ALL wanted to be out of the car by then.
Thanks for being such a great navigator!
Post a Comment