I have forced myself to sit down today and blog about whats happened the past week of my life. Really its not that big of deal but I thought I do some filling in...HA! WHATEVER...I SO HAVE A BEAUTIFUL BABY BOY FINALLY after such a LONG 9 month+ wait! But he was worth it!
Since my doctor told me I could induce if he wasn't born by Thursday I was THRILLED! I was so ready to get this child out and get rid of my GINORMOUS belly! So we checked into the hospital at 7:30 am Thursday morning thinking that probably by noon or so we'd have a baby. I have never been so wrong in my whole life! The doc came in to try to break my water and couldn't do it because it was "too thick" and I was still only 3 cm dialated (no progress from my doc appoint a week earlier). So....noon came around and finally he was able to break my water but yet I was STILL only 3 cm! My contractions finally started to kick in and the doc came back and said he leaves at 6 and I'll be turned over to another doctor...me thinking WHATEVER I'll have this baby by then these contractions are REALLY coming now! Before I knew it, it was 6:30 and the new doctor came in...checked me and I was BARELY 4 cm!!! After all that time of pain and agony only 1 cm progression!!!!! I finally broke down got my epidural which KILLED by the way and sat back waiting. The epidural although painful getting was WONDERFUL! I couldn't feel a thing. I was numb from the chest down pretty much....modern day medicine its a wonderful thing! The doctor told me that if that baby doesn't start progressing we would probably have to get him out by C-section because my contractions were too strong and the baby's heart beat kept dropping every now and then. So....we waited...8:30 past....still almost 4 cm...9:30 past still almost 4 cm. So they prepped me and wheeled me in for the C-section. For some reason I wasn't too nervous probably just more anxious and frustrated. I mean HELLO I'd been there all day...nurses were being pulled from my room right and left to help with deliveries and here I was having NO PROGRESS!!!
They laid me out on the surgery table and it seemed like only seconds past and I heard my little son start crying! It was seriously the cutest, most relieving sound ever! Everything else after that seems like history but we stayed in the hospital until Sunday and have been home ever since.
Here are some pics from that eventful day last Thursday! Enjoy!






3 comments:
Kar, I almost started crying during the account of your labor/c-section! I'm so excited for you and Kent and can't wait to see Boston. Congrats!
This story totally made me think of Rachel on Friends. Like ya'll needed explaining of who Rachel is. Anyway...I am so excited the whole labor thing is done for you (because it TERRIFIES me) and you have little Boston. Now move here!
OMG, TOTALLY RACHEL! LOL...I just watched those episodes a few weeks ago so it was fresh in my mind. I am SO happy you made it through. I love that you were coherent throughout the c-section. What a rush hearing that baby's first sound. Kent looks like he's a ghostbuster...lol!
yeah for the happy hooper fam!
Post a Comment