So this weekend we kinda planned last minute to head to Wrightsville Beach, NC with Brandon and Amanda. It was a short trip...a little TOO short for me...but it was worth every minute that we were able to be there. We spent the day at the beach and just soaked in the sun. Boston even cooperated (which I was TOTALLY worried about) but he did okay for his first time there. Kent bought a big umbrella so that he could be in the shade and I think that made a world of a difference.
Since I'm still caring baby weight (mainly self conscience about my belly that's still lingering around), I kept my swimsuit cover up on and stayed clear of the water and just basked in the sun reading my US Weekly. I'm going to have TERRIBLE tan lines when I actually do feel comfortable stripping down to just my swimsuit but I'll have to worry about that when the time comes. I'm not going to let myself sit around being pale ANY longer! Plus its summer and I'm going to take advantage of the sun as much as I can.

In the meantime, Brandon and Amanda didn't mind getting in the water and said that it was actually pretty nice! Oh well, so I missed out on a little OCEAN water. That's probably my least favorite thing about the beach is the way you feel when you get out...sticky, sandy and just NASTY!!
Oh and we also dined at this nice seafood restraunt that sat right on the river front. We ate outside on the patio which gave such a nice feel to the whole experience! Now I'm totally not into seafood so I didn't leave with a full belly like I would have liked but oh well...the view and the company were well worth it! Over all the weekend was great! It was so relaxing and has helped me solidify my decision to one day own a cute beach house...which by the way I found some really cute ones in Wrightsville that gave me some pretty good ideas of what I'll have mine look like one day!
5 comments:
aww you have such a cute little family! great post.
ps did kent punch that guy or what? lol.
Yeah Kent got a little mad and showed him a thing or two! HA! Actually he got it playing bball.
So happy you posted! Now it's confirmed! You can't go back on it now! You're moving here! Kiks and Kar reunited! As it should be! Do you think it's pure coincidence that our lives are unmistakably intertwined? Ever since that day we met at age 7! Now we're 22 and we are once again crossing paths! Not coincidence my friend, not coincidence!
Great post!! BTW, you look great! Have fun in LA--Kristin is working hard on your shower..it looks like it will be so fun!!
Post a Comment