Thursday, October 01, 2015

destin 2015

Destin.
White sand beaches and clear water.
We came back for round two with the Buchanan's this year.
There's something about the beach with friends that is always the best!
We got there and headed straight for the beach for what was meant to just be a quick "let's go check out the water."  Pretty sure the boys all got wet and the babies got covered in sand.
 Ash and I made our trip to the local Wal-Mart for food for the week.  This year, we stayed in a condo on the beach instead of a house since we didn't have as many people this year.  I think we all decided the house is the way to go regardless.  When we got back with our groceries (and Grimaldi's---yes they opened one up in Destin), we were wondering how we were going to get ALL these groceries up to our condo.  Ash was the bright one with the fab idea to use to luggage carts.  You gotta do what you gotta do to get that many groceries up 16 floors!
 Once we got all settled, it was straight BEACH time.
I was so nervous the whole time with my red headed, fair skinned, baby.  I was applying sunscreen every hour and half.
 
 Last year, my boys got MAJOR rash burn from the sand and boogie boarding so I came prepared this year with wet shirts for them.  No rash this year.
 Sand and babies DO NOT mix.  Who knows how many pounds of sand this kid consumed.
 
 
 And thankfully that is NOT a sunburn.  That's from washing all the sand off his face CONSTANTLY.
 Being a baby on the beach can be rough when you miss naptime.  I'm grateful that each day I was able to get him to zonk and lay on the chair listening to the sounds of the beach.
 The two may just get married one day....I'm just saying.
 The Buchanan's wanted to take us to Fudpuckers and I gotta say it was a HIT with the boys.
 The boys LOVED feeding the baby gators.
 Ashley and I were quite proud of ourselves when we got these three kids to sleep while the dad's had the older boys at the pool.  We actually got to sit and relax for a good 45 minutes.  Seriously though, having little babies at the beach is not very relaxing.
Momma's and their babies.
 The beach is BEAUTIFUL when the sun goes down.  Next time, when I don't have pink eye, our family WILL get a beach picture!
 We ended our week with a night of crab hunting.  My boys say this was their FAVORITE thing of the whole trip so I'm glad we stayed up extra late for it even though everyone was already exhausted.
 The boys claim we found over 100 but I think 40 or so was more accurate!
 Crabbing hunting was the PERFECT way to end our vacation.
Sun, sand, water and friends is the PERFECT vacation!
We miss seeing the Buchanan's on the regular and this was our dose for awhile I guess.  We sure love spending time with that family.

No comments: