Monday, August 10, 2015

last day of school

I was SO ready for school to be over. 
I was tired of the schedule. 
 I was tired of waking up and rushing out the door.
  I was tired of extra activities. 
I was just ready to have lazy mornings, vacation and enjoy pool time.
The last day (well Boston's last day) of school arrived.
Boston FINISHED 2ND grade!
 His teacher ended up having her baby a week early, so she wasn't there on awards day to hand out their awards.  We were sad we didn't get to give a proper good bye to her since she had her baby unexpectedly (we loved Mrs. Boutwell). So instead, we had to squeeze in with Boston's switch class/teachers (Mrs. Holmes/Marshall) for the award presentation.
 Boston made some good buddies over the last couple years at Birkes.  Jacob and Kyle were two of his favorites. 
And after seeing this pictures I'm regretting Boston convincing me to push off his haircut...
 Boston had an amazing year.  I'm proud of this kid and all his hard work.  Learning comes naturally for him and he remembers EVERYTHING so that makes things easy for me (I'm not sure this will go the same way for the other kids). 
He received All A Honor Roll all year award, Born Leader, 1st place in Spelling Bee and the Superb Behavior award. 
That was the last day we would step foot into Birkes Elementary.  I remember being SO freaked out to the point of tears even before officially registering Boston for kindergarten here (I know, I know, I have issues).  Now I was in tears because I just loved this school so much.  We loved the teachers, staff, friends, the way the school was run...everything! 
I'm grateful Birkes made it easy on me bringing my first born to school and helped me realize it's not as bad or scary as I thought.
We sure will miss this place when we start school in our new city.  I'm pretty sure I may undergo the same freak out moment I experienced 3 years ago before starting at Birkes.  I'm praying our new elementary school will be just as wonderful.
 On the REAL last day of school, Boston didn't go because....well, what's the point?  Awards have been given, no more tests or homework to worry about...there's really no point in waking up one more day to have your kids go and just do nothing all day.  We so opted out like we do every year and instead had an end of the year party with friends.
 
 
 

 It was a perfect way to start the summer!! Now bring on the sun!  And let's pray my excitement for summer doesn't wear off after the first week of having them home....

No comments: