Wednesday, October 08, 2014

nolan's blessing day

Two weeks after Nolan was born, we had his blessing day.  Yes, I may have been a tad crazy to commit to that day so soon after his birth BUT we had so much family there that it was totally worth it.
My parents, Kent's parents, my siblings (minus Kelli) and Kent's siblings (minus Ivan) all came in town. 
 It was a special day celebrating sweet Nolan Dee.
 Sometimes it still blows my mind that we are a family of FIVE.  I'm completely out numbered but seriously, I LOVE these BOYS. 
 Boston was a little grouch during pictures...
 Kent gave a wonderful blessing to Nolan and he's our FIRST baby who didn't CRY through the whole blessing.  I actually got to HEAR this little guy's blessing instead of panic over his cry during it all.  Kent said that during his blessing he could tell that he was starting to get worked up and ready to cry when all of the sudden he felt the craziest thing happen.  He said it was like something just swooped right in and completely calmed Nolan down.  He said it was the neatest experience (and later my dad said he felt the same thing).  Then as soon as the blessing was over, he started to cry.  He's a special little boy.  I'm so glad the Lord blessed our family with him. 
We sure do love him.
Special thanks to everyone who stood in the circle to help bless him:
Randy Bluth (Papa)
Chad Withers
Brandon Combe
Mike Bluth
Bishop Eric Brown

No comments: