Tuesday, September 30, 2014

2nd grade

5 days after we came home from the hospital, Boston had his FIRST day of SECOND grade.
Talk about jumping RIGHT into the swing of things.  It seemed like we hardly had anytime to breathe but it is what it is. 
Kent and Boston had gone to his meet the teacher and found out he also had switch teachers--2 other teachers, Mrs. Holmes and Mrs. Marshall.  His homeroom teacher, Mrs. Boutwell, teaches math and science and Mrs. Holmes/Marshall teach language arts and social studies.  We will see how we feel about this as the year goes on. 
Boston was excited to start second grade and woke up to his favorite breakfast, mountain pancakes (aka German pancakes).  Kent and I took him to school while my mom stayed back with the younger boys (its times like this having extra help was very nice).  For whatever DUMB reason on the way to school Kent told Boston it's not cool to hold my hand any more.  I was quite furious ESPECIALLY when we got out of the car and as I was holding his hand, he pulled away once we reached the school building.  Thanks Kent for putting the idea in his head that kids would make fun of him for holding my hand.  He said he was just trying to save him from embarrassment and harassment.  I say, let the kid have good self confidence and not worry about it!  I'm still upset about it.  Regardless, we survived the drop off and it really hit me how much he's growing up.
  Boston has officially started SECOND grade and I can't get over that I have a second grader.  It's bizarre how fast time flies because I SWEAR he was just in preschool. 
Here's to a new school year that is already showing to be much busier and more involved than last year (I know that it is typical but I'm just trying to get used to it).

2 comments:

Donna and Rocky said...

Lol I would be soooo mad at mike for that!!!! But he still kisses his dad so I don't think that'll be a problem! Hilarious! I agree with you, the kids who are confident about showing their moms affection might get teased but they brush it off and are cool anyway!

Adrienne said...

That comment was actually from me, not my inlaws! I ate a blogger account up for then and was still logged in! Sorry ;)