Tuesday, September 30, 2014

nolan's first week

We bailed on the hospital early.  I hate being in the hospital forever.  Nurses always bugging you, being away from the boys...I'm just ready to get home and try to get back into the swing of life. 
I think Nolan preferred being home too.
 He got his first bath which was a love/hate relationship.
 He did pretty well with his eating/sleeping schedule but of course just like all newborns, prefers to sleep more than be awake.
 His brothers are very concerned any time he starts to cry.  Whether its offering him his binky or trying to comfort him with stuff animals, they do what they can to get him to stop.
 Mimi of course is the lifesaver when the shock of another baby in the house hits.  We love her for all her help.
 He also went to the doctor for his one week a little earlier than the one week mark.  The doctors at the hospital were concerned about a little heart murmur they heard and wanted us to get him to our pedi 2 days after we left the hospital. 
One week stats:
Weight: 8 lbs 6 oz (72%)
Height: 20 inches (56%)
 
Dr. Rahman heard his heart and felt everything would close up on its own but wanted to take extra precaution and referred us to a pediatric cardiologist.  For whatever reason Kent and I weren't TOO worried.  I guess we felt strongly that the hole would close up on it's own.  After meeting with the cardiologist, having an echocardiogram and ultrasound done on his heart, they found 2 holes both of which the doctor isn't concerned about at ALL.  She told us to forget that we had even come and to not to worry about it one bit.  We will keep an eye on it but they should both close up on their own. We were grateful for that.
We survived our first week with three but mainly with the help of my mom.  We are so grateful to have this little man here and I'm even MORE grateful to NOT be pregnant any more.  It feels SO nice to sleep on my belly again!

No comments: