No more binkies in our house. They are GONE. All collected and thrown in the trash.
It felt SO weird at first to put Hudson to bed without his binky.
My baby is no longer a baby but I feel like taking away the binky is the FINAL step to closing that door (ok maybe minus potty training).
Usually between 18 months and 2, I have made my boys leave their binkies in their bed so they could slowly break away their dependency from that thing. Hudson never seemed AS attached to his as Boston did ALTHOUGH as he got older, I slowly saw his attachment growing.
That's when I knew it was time to break ties before it got TOO hard.
One day, I just decided not to give it to him at nap to see how it would go. I didn't mention the word binky, or "dee-dee" as Hudson has always called it, but I did just tell him he's a BIG BOY now and to have sweet dreams. At first he looked confused but didn't even mention it until I walked out of the room. He literally cried about it for 2 minutes and fell asleep on his own. From that point on, we were GOOD to GO. He mentioned it a few times here and there over the past month but I just told him he was a BIG BOY now and didn't need it.
He was good with that.
About a month ago, I finally collected all the binkies and threw them in the trash. I held on to them "just in case," I guess (although knowing myself, I wouldn't have given in anyway). When I searched the house for all that we had left, I only found TWO. Where do these things disappear to? Pretty sure I've bought a bazillion.
Bye, bye binky! Hello BIG BOY!!!
Next step potty training...
No comments:
Post a Comment