Friday, June 07, 2013

10 Year Reunion & Dallas Trip

I'm really starting to feel old.
My 10 year reunion from Parkview snuck up on me. 
I seriously feel like we JUST graduated.
Most the time I still feel like I'm 18.
Reality is setting in.
I have to say I was a tad nervous for this day.  I haven't seen most of my friends from high school for practically 10 years.  I will say I was surprised at how much fun it really was reconnecting and catching up with everyone once again.
We started the day with "Family Day" where we got to see alot of the little babies we have all produced post graduation.  I was the FIRST to get married and one of the FIRST to spit out a baby. 
 Crazy, I know. 
I was MOST excited to see my best friends Tina and Jenn from high school. 
 We have all married and have little boys of our own (Hudson 2, Boston 5, Grady 1, Hayes 1).
There was just a handful of us at Family Day (mainly those who have children).  This is most of the ladies who came.  Seriously SO good to see them!
 Boston was THOROUGHLY disappointed that there were no kids his age and that there was nothing to do but eat lunch so he was MORE then ready to get home and swim in my parent's pool. 
First swim of the year (and a little hesitant about swimming...thank goodness it all came back to him).
 That night we headed downtown to a wine bar for the rest of the reunion.  We spent the night catching up with lots of old friends (wish I took more pictures).  Funny how LOTS of things were STILL the same.  I love that we had such a small graduating class where you know everyone (although there were still those few that I had to glance at the name tag or stare at for a minute to remember who they were...hey, people DO start to look a little different 10 years later). 
Kent, oh that poor man, had to suffer and be my date.  He knows a handful of my friends BUT seriously, what's more boring then hanging around a bunch of your wife's friends who are all reminiscing and catching up? 
 He was a trooper and I love him for it.
My sweet friend Michelle (next to me) was who I was SO thrilled to see.  I love that girl.  I love even more that after TEN years we still keep in such good contact as she travels the ENTIRE world.  Love her and SO glad she kept her promise to show up that night!!
Great party. Great friends.
What will things be like at the 20 year reunion.
Oh gosh, I can't imagine.
We headed back to Houston and TWO days later, Hudson and I loaded up and headed to Dallas.
Kristin FINALLY moved into her home after months of waiting to close on their house they built up in Prosper. 
The time came at the busiest month when her husband would be gone ALL WEEK, EVERY WEEK.
So the kind, wonderful sister I am went to help her unpack and get organized (and be the first visitor to sleep in the guest room).

We did some SERIOUS unpacking and organizing.
We took few breaks but at times the kids needed a little entertainment and attention. 
We went on a walk one evening and found TWO dead snakes along the way.
We were SO busy getting stuff put away that we forgot to get this kid dressed for the day!
 And then when we were organizing and unpacking...little Lan man thought it was funny to undo all that we did.  How can you get mad at that face?!
 Hudson refused to sleep in the pack-n-play and slept with me each night instead.  Can't say I minded too much.
 And after taking care of the bulk of the house (but still lots left to do), Hudson and I hit the road back to Houston. 
Having Kristin in Dallas and in her beautiful home is REALLY making me itch to get up there.  SOON!

No comments: