Thursday, June 06, 2013

April

Our computer had been giving us major issues and finally just crashed.  So I've been gone from the blogging world for the past month and a half.  LOTS to catch up on now that we got it back. 
First up, APRIL. 
Here's a quick recap.
In April we had VERY strange weather here.  It would be short weather one day and long sleeve weather the next.  It drove me nuts.  Although when it was warm, it was PERFECT. 
Not too hot. 
Not too cold. 
We have been anxious for the warm weather so any day it was warm, we took full advantage of it.
 Boston randomly asks Kent to run football drills in prep for fall.  Sometimes it goes over GREAT.  Other times, he ends up upset and frustrated.  This was one of those days.  That boy can get SO frustrated if he can't get it right immediately and then it all just goes downhill.
 Boston also finished his 4th season of soccer.  This season was the first season the scoring was pretty low and the game started to get a little bit more challenging (no more running down the field and scoring immediately...finally some competition)!  Boston enjoyed it even if he didn't score as much as usual. 
 I will say I am DONE with YMCA sports.  I was SO bugged at how unorganized and how much no one cares in this league.  I feel like it was a total waste of money.
Boston also learned to TIE HIS SHOES. 
This was a major milestone.
He was SO determined and SO proud. 
It was Western Day at school.  Glad we could finally put that cowboy hat we bought in Ft. Worth during spring break to use!
Boston's school had their annual FIELD DAY.
Boston did GREAT.  He always loves a little competition where he can race someone. 
 Hudson was just my little buddy. 
When its quiet around the house, I know right where to find this kid.
Completely OBSESSED with cars (and I became quite obsessed with collecting MORE CARS---did you know how many Disney Cars they have out there??? Can we say ADDICTING?  Needless to say, I did add a bit to our collection).
 Everywhere we go, a car (or two...or three...or ten) comes along with us.
So when you are so obsessed with cars, what better activity then to clean 50+ cars in your homemade car wash?
It kept him busy for a good 45 minutes.
 We also discovered his new favorite app, TRUCKS (by Duck Duck Moose).
 If he wasn't playing with cars, he created THIS mess.  It drove me and my OCD self NUTS and I'm SO glad we are past this phase (hopefully).
 And the biggest change in our life was that Kent's busy season with work kicked in.  So between him waking up at 4 am to prep and teach seminary and coming home at 10 pm, we didn't (and haven't) seen much of him.  This has meant many dinner dates with these boys.

No comments: