Sometimes I hate having a child in school. The only day we can go do stuff as a family is Saturdays which is when every place is so jam packed crowded. Definitely a bummer.
This year, since all our Saturdays were booked and busy during rodeo AND because we wanted to avoid the massive crowds, we surprised Boston and checked him out early on a Wednesday to go.
It was perfect.
NO crowds and we even got to take advantage of an hour of discount Wednesday (thank goodness too because with TWO kids riding rides our rodeo cost DOUBLED this year)!
This little obstacle course has been Boston's favorite for the last two years. Even though Hudson wasn't quite tall enough, we convinced the man to let him in. He loved it just as much as his brother.
The boys were racing from ride to ride...
And before we knew it, our tickets were up.
Ever since we watched the MUTTON BUSTIN last year, Boston had been itching to turn FIVE so he could have his turn (they only allow 5 & 6 year olds to ride). I was very surprised that he wasn't hesitant AT ALL to do this. Coming from NON cowboy parents, we gave Boston the best advice we could---HOLD ON AS TIGHT AS YOU CAN AND SQUEEZE YOUR LEGS AROUND HIM!
Our advice worked and he scored a 95 and came in SECOND place!
He loved it! We might have a little cowboy on our hands...
What's a rodeo without getting to check out a real tractor
And learn where all our food comes from?
Lastly, I took Hudson to the petting zoo (Boston had no interest for some odd reason). I bought some feed and those freakin goats were ATTACKING me. I think it freaked Hudson out a little. Those things don't mess around when it comes to getting some food (hence the one and only blurry pic I got)!
Rodeo day was a SUCCESS....minus the $48 we spent on food that was DISGUSTING!
1 comment:
awww, see, you guys are always doing fun things together as a family. We're losers! You need to tell us ahead of time when the rodeo is in Houston next year, because I totally want to come!!!! PLEASE! That looks like so much fun! THEN y'all can come up for the Dallas State Fair (and spend your life savings). haha! ;)
Post a Comment