Friday, April 12, 2013

Easter

I felt totally prepped and prepared for Easter...until as I was driving home from HEB grabbing all the last minute stuff for Easter dinner, I called Kent in a panic because we TOTALLY spaced dying Easter eggs.  I had to leave for the YW broadcast that night in less than an hour.  I told Kent to hurry and prep for Easter egg dying and I'd grab a pizza (I also spaced dinner for the family). 
 I feel like we always seem to space this step almost every year.
Anyway, luckily, the boys got their chance to dye eggs.
Hudson was just dropping eggs left and right into dye.
Boston tried to be meticulous making sure each looked PERFECT (to his standard).
The next morning, the boys were OVERLY thrilled to come down to find their Easter baskets. 
Yes, I'm pretty sure I over did it this year...although in my defense I HATE giving candy in the baskets because the kids rarely eat it then it's left for me which is NEVER good....SO I end up over doing it with "stuff" instead. 
Honestly, I had just been picking things up here and there and didn't realize until we were laying it out what all I had bought. 
Whoops. 
Next year WILL be scaled down.
Then the boys were off on their Easter egg hunt.  Hudson stopped a few times just to open the eggs to stuff some candy in his mouth.
Last year, the we started the tradition of the GOLDEN EGG.  Boston found it this year (although next year, if Hudson finds it, this may cause some issues and some MAJOR competition in years to come).
And YES that PJ top needs to be retired
Having 9 am church, we rushed to get ready.  I seriously look forward to Easter just to buy the boys new Easter outfits.  Yes, I have a problem.
Hudson totally did NOT want to take a picture with me.  I couldn't even get him to come close.  Such a stinker.
But of course, he runs right to Kent!
So I was determined...doesn't he look thrilled??
We had a GREAT day at church where we were able to talk about and learn more about WHY we even celebrate Easter.  Perfect holiday to always fall on a Sunday. 
Once we got home, I spent the rest of the day in the kitchen.  For some reason I was SUPER excited to make Easter dinner this year.  One of the BEST parts was the RESURRECTION rolls that I made.  Thanks to a random stranger in Target for suggesting them to me, I went home, looked up to see what all the fuss was about, made them, and fell in LOVE!  They are DELICIOUS and the story is cheesy but helpful for little kids (although Hudson was my only helper....Boston refused to help).  This WILL be a new tradition.  I do have to brag about how delicious our dinner was...especially because the yummy strawberry shortcake I make every year BOMBED because I forgot to put the sugar in the whipped cream!  When you remember the SUGAR, it's the best you will ever eat!  There's always next year.
We finished the night off watching this with the boys.
I really try to teach the boys WHY we celebrate these kinds of holidays. At the end of the night, Boston said, "Christmas, Easter and my birthday are my FAVORITE holidays because I get presents!"  I gave him a funny look and then he mumbled,"....and because its all about Jesus!" 
Hey, I've got to make sure to get the point across!
HAPPY EASTER!

1 comment:

Kari Combe said...

You are such a cute and good little mommy. I think it's so great you teach the boys the true meaning of Easter. Something I need to work on for next year. Boston and Hudson are so adorable and I love their Easter outfits! Hudson's facial expressions crack me up and make me smile especially one of the last ones where you're trying to get a picture with him. So funny! Glad I was able to contribute those cute shoes Hudson is wearing. ;)