Oh I love Halloween.
Tuesday night we finally made time to carve our pumpkins. My tough Hudson boy surprisingly wanted NOTHING to do with pumpkin carving and stayed as far back as possible. His brother tried extremely hard to get him to come take a look but he completely refused!
Boston didn't mind pulling out all the pumpkin guts. He chose the two faces he wanted us to carve
He wanted to Kent to freehand a scary face. He did this in NO TIME.
On the other hand, he picked a fairly complicated pattern for me to pull off. I got a little impatient with that cheap knife those packets give you.
Remember how I mentioned previously Boston's love for all things spooky this year? Well, after watching Monster House over and OVER, he was determined to have a beware sign out front just like the spooky house in the movie. Kent, being the good dad he is, got creative and pulled off this little sign for our front yard.
Halloween night, we went to our friend's the Buchanan's for some trick or treating fun! Kyler is Boston's best friend and we jump at any chance to see them. Since Kyler and Boston don't go to the same schools, the boys rarely get to see each other as much as they used to. So a little trick or treating with them was a definite treat!
Boston was my little Tarzan this year and Hudson was his gorilla!
I was very surprised Hudson left his head piece on. When we put it on him the first time, he just wanted it off but I guess he got used to it. Boston's hair CRACKED me up. The first time he put it on, I was literally crying I was laughing so hard! He wanted long hair like Tarzan SO bad. Surprisingly, finding a brown long haired wig is a hard thing to find. I finally found a "Moses" wig (that came with beard and all...did you know they made Moses hair??) and we made it work for Tarzan!
We did some trick or treating and got LOTS of candy. Hudson enjoyed getting his treats from each door with his daddy while Boston ran ahead with his buddies
Afterwards, the boys were sweaty from running from house and house and just wanted to sit, relax and dive into their candy! I don't blame them. His momma hijacked all the butterfingers this year and ate them ALL the next day. Whoops.
It was a SUCCESSFUL Halloween!
Now...let the rest of the holidays begin!!
1 comment:
I'm so glad that you have such awesome friends to be able to do such fun things with!!! I wish we were there to go trick-or-treating with you guys! I'm SO glad you went with that theme for your boys. It was AWESOME!!! Boston's wig CRACKS.ME.UP.
Next year...halloween together???? =)
Post a Comment