Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Football Mom

 Texas football is NO joke. 
The season started the first of August.  Boston had 4 practices a week that each ran 2 hours long.
Once games started, it went down to 2 practices a week (still 2 hours) plus a game each week (sometimes 2).  Boston was the youngest and smallest on the team.
 Our season started great....4-0!  GO EAGLES!  That is until October hit.  We lost 4 games in a row! OUCH!  But we finished strong winning our last TWO games, one of which was the BEST team in the league!  So the Eagles finished 6-4....and Boston will remind you that AND every other team's record in the league!
 Like I said, football is NO joke in Texas.  From parents holding coaches up with guns, to parents spitting on refs, to parents getting into with parents (notice a trend....parents have a problem) and some SERIOUSLY INTENSE coaches yelling and SCREAMING rude things to these boys (thankfully our coach wasn't one of them)...its INTENSE! 
We even have our own cheerleaders who are decked out from head to toe with a full on halftime routine and music being blared throughout the game!  I honestly couldn't get Toddlers and Tiaras out my head every time I heard the cheerleading coach tell the girls, "SMILE! SMILE! SMILE!" over and over!
 Boston enjoyed teaching us his plays and actings as our coach
 And also taught Hudson to get down when he said "DOWN. SET. HUT!"  It's the cutest thing ever!
 We sat through rainy games
 Got to watch Boston be team captain
 And finished off the season by silly stringing our coaches after the BIGGEST win of the season!
 Boston made some good buddies
But most of all made his mommy (and daddy) proud of all his hard work. 
Next year Boston wants SO bad to be the quarterback (this year he was a lineman).  We've informed him how much work he will have to do as a QB but he says he's up for the challenge. 
I love my little football player.

3 comments:

Mom said...

I'm glad Boston had such a positive experience with his football team. Hard to believe they begin so young! And I hate that he is getting all grown up! Hudson will follow his brother, i'm sure. Just try to keep them little as long as you can. Love you!

Aaron N Lindsay said...

Girl, wait til he starts tackle! You will LIVE at that field!! So cute! :)

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

Wow!!! THAT is CrAzY!!!! It kinda makes me a little nervous. I'm worried Charlie will just start crying if anyone yells at him or hurts him. haha!

I'm so glad that Boston had such a good experience. He will continue to love it and get better and better. Maybe when you come out to visit, Deon Sanders can give Boston some football training tips in his football that he has in his backyard. We're best friends now, did you know that? ;)

Those cheerleaders on the other hand, bless their little hearts (and their moms).