Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Our ONE Year Old

This cute boy is ONE!  I can NOT believe that this year flew by SO quickly.  It has been a blast just seeing his little personality form and to notice the differences between Boston and him.  They are DEFINITELY their own person.

I took him to the doc for his ONE year check up and here are his stats:
Weight: 23.5 lbs 75%
Height: 29.5 inches 30%
Head: I don't remember and can't find my paper but he was in the 50%

Boston at a year:
Weight: 25 lbs 75%
Height: 29 inches 30%
Head: 18 cm 50%

Boston was DEFINTELY chubber but its funny to see that they are about the same in height and same percentile for head and weight. 

Aunt Kelli fed Hudson his LAST bottle on his birthday (Dec. 30).  It was a bitter sweet moment for me.  Hudson has been completely BITTER about until recently.  I didn't realize how attached he was to that thing.
Now that its been a few weeks, he has adjusted.  At first he refused to eat ANYTHING besides pureed whatever+bananas.  Even before we got rid of the bottle, he would eat anything including DOWNING cooked peas and carrots.  Its interesting how all that has changed post bottle.  It has been a gradual, frustrating process trying to get this boy to eat something but its getting better.  His favorite thing to eat is a banana.  He screams "nana, nana, nana!!" over and over when I put him in his high chair.  He still prefers eating pureed veggies over normal ones but I remember Boston being the same way until about 18 months.  Trust me Hudson, the real thing may not taste great but its WAY better then that pureed junk.

As of a few weeks ago, he is now full on walking everywhere & usually loves to have something in his hand while doing it!  I was surprised it took him this long since he's been so close for the last month.  I think he wanted to go faster then his little legs actually could go but now he's got it down and is on the GO!  His feet are fat and chunky just like Boston's so looks like we'll be investing in the crazy priced shoes we have to buy for it then wait 3 years for them to thin out like Boston's FINALLY have (dang Bluth feet).

Hudson makes the cutest fishy noise (if you call smacking your lips together a fish NOISE) and I love it.  He jibber jabbers all the time and still holds the record for the LOUDEST screamer in our family.

I love watching him grow and develop each day.  I can't get over that its been a YEAR! 
Love you Huddy Hud!




1 comment:

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

He is so freaking CUTE!!! I just love him! Please post a video of him walking around. I would love to see that! It's so funny that Hudson and Boston are so close in their stats. You wonder how similar they'll be when they're 16 and 19. =)