We had the annual bonfire during Christmas at my parents. The kids were THRILLED to go out and cook s'mores but were all leery of the boys going crazy and jumping over the fire again this year. Thankfully, that didn't happen (I think they learned their lesson last time). The fire struggled this year because it had been raining and we didn't have enough fuel but we did what we could and the kids seemed satisfied.
They all sat patiently waiting for the fire to grow and all a little nervous at the same time hoping no dad got caught up in the fire again.
Who doesn't love a little s'more (me actually)??
Hudson even got a taste and was THRILLED about that sensation in his mouth.
Do you like my nice pj pants? And don't worry, my son isn't crazy like he looks in this picture. He was focusing on his marshmallow so he just smiled and kept all eyes on the fire.
On another note, one day while the boys were out playing in the backyard, we realized they looked all wet. We thought they had tried to walk on my parent's pool cover but when we went out, we found them JUMPING on the pool basketball goal. All the water was shooting out of the hole each time they jumped. They thought it was HILARIOUS. They did too, however, attempt walking on the pool cover too numerous times apparently. These boys are the best of friends and can get into some trouble at the same time!
1 comment:
HAHAHAHA!!!! What a fantastic post. That day that Boston and Charlie were out in the backyard was nerve racking and hilarious all at the same time. Charlie still asks to see Boston and he wants Boston to come to his birthday party and then he says he'll go to Boston's birthday party. haha. Gotta love them. =)
Bonfire night is always fun. I'll admit I was a little hesitant at first (mostly because I was tired and wanted to just sit down, plus I had diareha the entire trip, so I was basically strippe of all energy) ;). But it really was a lot of fun and this is one thing the kids always look forward to! So fun!
Post a Comment