Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Louisiana Trip: New Orleans



After the 4th, Kent headed back to work while the boys and I stayed for 2 weeks. We did ALOT in that time period so I have lots to catch up on and post about. We headed down to New Orleans one day to go to the Aquarium and get some yummy beignets at Cafe Du Monde. It was also they day I spent $10.50 on a pair of "designer" underwear for Boston since he wet his pants as we drove into downtown. $10.50 for KIDS UNDERWEAR?? Seriously? After I got Boston all cleaned up, into the Aquarium we went.



Last time we came down to the aquarium, Boston was 5 weeks old. Now we have THREE more boys to add to the mix.



They have a new bird exhibit that we hadn't been to before. Boston enjoyed this until the bird climbed over to his hand.







What happens when you have tons of birds flying around every where? You take the risk of getting POOPED on. Lucky mom was the winner!



This is another picture that was reenacted from 4 years ago. I can't believe how big they all are now and how much our family is growing!



Little Krew enjoyed all the fish






Auntie Kelli helping out with Huddy Hud.



We "tried" to pet the stingrays but it was too hard to reach down to them & I don't think any of us were able to touch them at all.



The kids stepped in this to see what the wind from a hurricane feels like. It got to 79 mph!



There's a little play area for all the kids to just run around so they enjoyed that for a little while.



After seeing his cousins do the hurricane simulator, Boston wanted a try and Krew decided to join him not knowing exactly what this was. At first he was okay with it.....



But after the winds picked up, he wanted OUT!



All the kids (minus Krew and Hudson) posing for a picture on the whale.



Boston & Charlie really became close buds on this trip. They have a TON of fun together and become serious goof balls. You can't get Charlie to take a serious picture!



The kids all posed in front of the albino alligator.






Of course a trip inside the aquarium isn't complete without a souvenir! The kids showed these off with Mimi in front of the mighty Mississippi on the River Walk.



We walked down to Cafe Du Monde to enjoy some YUMMY beignets! You can't leave N.O. without 'em! The girls entertained Hudson while waiting. Such GREAT big cousins!



Boston and Charlie missed the whole thing because they ZONKED on the walk over. Hey, you snooze you loose!



Krew enjoyed them....and made a COMPLETE mess all over Kari and me! Oh well, a little powder sugar can't hurt anyone!



Then we hurried to head out because a rain storm was coming in. On the way out I had to snap a picture of THIS (click on it to blow it up):





Seriously?!? Only in New Orleans!

3 comments:

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

Ok, that billboard is awesome! I had to show Chad and he just said, "haha, only in N.O."

What a fun day that was!! I always enjoy going down there. The kids had an absolute blast. It's so fun to see them having fun!! I wish Melessa and Steve were able to get beignets. It was definitely one HOT day though.

Although, I do wish I was one of the ones in the stroller taking a nap. ;) My feet KILLED after that trip.....oh, well. The joys of pregnancy.

Mom said...

Guess it's a good thing you didn't take a picture of the two wet rats who ran for the cars! Probably a good thing--don't think I would have wanted that one published. HA!
Oh well something to help us remember a very fun day just being together! (even with heat/humidity)
Love ya'll!

alyssa nelson said...

hahaha what a great post!