After waiting and waiting for May 24th to come, Boston FINALLY got to rip his final chain off after 24 days! He was THRILLED for it to finally be his BIRTHDAY and to be "bigger."
I didn't want to put as much time and work into Boston's party as I did last year, so I settled for something a little bit simpler which turns out to be one of Boston's favorite things to do any way....

Like I said, I wanted to make things easier on me this year which means I settled on having someone ELSE do the cupcakes. Ordering cupcakes/cakes makes the stress load SO much lighter! They turned out adorable thanks to Seriously Cupcakes!
This was my one small stress....shaping these dang rice krispie treats into bowling pins. Finally they turned out and if it was my ONE stress, I'll take it.
I also made T-shirts for all the kids that said "Boston's Pin Pals" on the back. So easy and such fun touch!
The kids had a blast bowling! They were all anxiously awaiting their turns but did a great job taking turns and cheering each other on.
Boston was lucky enough to have Mimi come to town to help celebrate on his special day!
The kids got to eat some yummy pizza...
Boston got spoiled with lots of fun gifts from his friends.
Love this picture of sweet Porsche giving Boston a birthday hug!
When Boston sat down to eat his pizza he said, "All my friends get to sing Happy Birthday to me!" He was ready for that moment to blow out his candles and be sung to!
After we got done with the party, we went home, relaxed and opened his presents from the family. He has an obsession with garbage trucks and now sleeps with this by his bed every night.
I planned to get Boston a bike for his birthday this year. When I tried to feel him out about it, his response was, "I already HAVE a bike!" (referring to his trike). When we were at Toys-R-Us (trying to get him interested in a bike) he found love for this scooter so that's what he got instead!
After we opened gifts, we headed to his FAVORITE restaurant, Husky's. They have a video arcade there that he LOVES.
After dinner, he was exhausted but happy as could be to finally be FOUR!!!!!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR BIG FOUR YEAR OLD!!!
A few favorites:
according to Boston
Favorite color: orange & blue (mainly orange)
Favorite song: Dinosaur & Tiger song (don't worry, when I inquired what song that was his response was, "I don't know, I'll have to ask Kyler").
Favorite toy: garbage truck
Favorite movie: Robots & Despicable Me (basically whatever movie is the newest one he's got)
Favorite food: chicken & white mac-n-cheese
Favorite Activity: To paint & play ALL day
9 comments:
Awwww, the party turned out great! You pulled it together and didn't even get too stressed out. I'm glad that he had fun and that he can now say that he is BIGGER!!!!
And on a side note, Hudson is looking so big. (weep)
So fun!! I miss you guys!!
It was so fun! You are great at celebrating.
Oh my goodness Karlee! You have a 4 year old. Thats wild! I always thought Boston looked like Kent. I see so much of you in him now though. He's a Cutie Pie!!
awesome job! even if you had someone else do it, you had to have the vision and orchestrate it all. so good work! and i can't believe how old boston looks when he's blowing out his candles. so adorable!
Oh I absolutely LOVE it! Boston is so handsome and getting so big and grown up! I love that he loves his garbage truck and is still so obsessed with it enough to sleep with it by the side of his bed every night! He cracks me up! The party looks like it was such a blast and I love the T-shirts made! So cute! You did a really good job and now you see it can be really cute and fun without all the stress! P.S. Hudson is getting so big! You need to post more pics of him because at that stage they grow up and change so so fast! He's so stinkin cute and chubby!
I love that your idea of going "simple" on a party is my idea of going all out! That party looked awesome! Your boys sure are lucky that you are their mom!
Loved being there for Boston's party! It was so much fun seeing him interact with his friends. Got a little chaotic at times and then I was glad to be in charge of Hudson! HA! Was fun to see Boston's face and reaction to all the festivities!
i must have missed this post somehow! you are an amazing party planner! what a cute idea!! my poor kids will probably never have birthday parties this creative. what a fun mom you are! and it looks like they all had a great time! if yall come down this summer any time, let us know :)
Post a Comment