Thursday, May 05, 2011

Utah



A few weeks back I was lucky enough to head out to Utah with my family to support my dad in his new calling at General Conference. I'm personally not a HUGE fan of ever wanting to raise my family in Utah BUT I will say, I LOVE going and being around all the family we have there. And that's just what we did! The first night, all my sisters slept at Kari's house where we got to spend time with our sweet baby Krew! I just LOVE him to pieces and am SO SAD I don't get to see more of him on a regular basis. He is SUCH a sweet boy with the cutest little quirks. I miss him! Please ignore this picture of me and Kelli. Its a picture that's supposed to showcase Krew getting ready for prayer.










We spent our first day shopping and eating at some MUST Utah restaurants (Cafe Rio). The next day we headed up to Brigham City for lunch at my Grandma's with aunts, uncle (brad) & my girl cousins! Here's my mom with her mom & siblings (minus Uncle Steve...my Aunt Vicki stood in his place).




This is all my girl cousins (minus Nikki) and MOST of our kids.






Hudson got to meet lots of family that he hasn't met before on this trip. Here's a picture with him and my Grandma (his great grandma ann).










After our visit with the Bennett side, all of the girls headed down to Gardner's Village. Such a FUN place to shop. Another good thing about Utah is all the fun shops they have! After some browsing and buying, we finally got to meet up with my dad for dinner (where I might add I got attacked with the WORST heartburn or something of that sort EVER....strange because that usually doesn't happen to me). Friday night, Kristin and I headed down to my Aunt Aundrea's house. Saturday we headed to General Conference with the family (fyi mom, this is NOT our family Christmas card pic...I KNOW you're thinking it).










After conference that night, Kristin and I headed back to Alpine where we were introduced to ANOTHER adorable shop called DEAR LIZZIE with Aundrea, Grandma Jean and my cousin Lauren. I wanted to buy everything but resisted with walking away with just one spontaneous buy. Sunday morning we woke up to TONS of food Aundrea prepped for everyone. You never go hungry at her house, that's for sure. All (or most) of the Bluth family headed to Aundrea's for a little Bluth get together that evening after Conference.






Grandpa Bob with Hudson

Grandpa Bob with Krew

















Brothers......can you tell?










Esplin girls (minus Shaunelle & Brianna) with Grandma Jean.










Siblings










After everyone had left, we convinced Lauren to pull out her VIOLA and we are SURE glad she did. She is headed to BYU in the fall & got into BYU's school of music! She's pretty impressive. Mom sang while she played. It was FABULOUS to hear.










Rachel then showed us her talent. Can YOU do that? Not me!















Kristin and I flew out Monday afternoon together but NOT before we hit up In N Out (although I can't say I LOVE their fries). It was nice being with my sis on the plane...someone to talk to and pass the time away on the airplane. I got back to Houston to see my boys once again who welcomed me with a bouquet of hand picked flowers and BIG hugs!!! Utah was LOTS of fun & I'm glad we got to be there to support my parents but I did miss my boys!!





4 comments:

JeSs said...

SO FUN! OH, And I love love love Dear Lizzie! I used to live two blocks from there, and now 5 min. :) Its addicting. Glad you had fun, and congrats to your Dad!

Kristen said...

I'm sure if your Aunt Vicki saw that picture of her with her eyes almost closed she'd be mortified!

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

AWWWWW, fun times! I LOVED going out there. What a memorable time. Maybe we should make that a yearly event. Every April--Utah Trip! =) Then when we both live in Dallas, we can carpool up there for the event. ;)

Mom said...

What makes you think I would want to use that picture? and besides what's wrong with that picture for our Christmas card? Will need to get copies of some of those pictures.. like with Grandpa and Hudson. That was a very special trip. Glad you and Kristin were able to join us along with Kari & Brandon and Kelli.