Wednesday, June 16, 2010

OIL RANCH!
I feel like I have alot to catch up on so while I'm just laying around the house the next few weeks, hopefully I'll be able to get caught up....
While Kristin was here I feel like we had a JAM PACKED week and we were always going, going, going but have VERY little pictures to prove it! Oh well...between shopping, playing, and eating, I guess we were having too much fun to stop for pictures! The one day I actually DID capture on camera was the day we battled the bloody HOT heat to Oil Ranch. I've been before and was excited to take Kristin back.
We first went over to milk the cow...neither of the boys cared to do it and wanted to keep a GOOD distance away!
This is as close as we got with Boston freaking out the whole time!

Boston spotted this slide from a mile away & I don't blame him. We attempted this next and the boys were soaked the rest of the day! Hey, it was a good way to stay cool!

The boys were a little nervous at first because the water was spraying on their heads at the top so I had to get up there and give them a little budge. Boston went like this first and SLAMMED into the wall head first.

Since Charlie is a smart boy, he decided going on his belly was a safer bet (and it was)!

So Boston followed his lead and did the same!
Then they tried out the slip-n-slides! They didn't quite understand that you're supposed to race down on your belly so instead they made up their own fun of running and falling (or slipping) and thought it was just as hilarious!
They probably could haveplayed there the rest of the day but we wanted to move on and experience the rest of the ranch!
We went and visited the pigs and baby pigs!
We saw the goats from a distance...Kristin thought it was too gross to take the kids inside to pet them (CITY GIRL!).
The boys got a chance to ride the horses.....
The boys weren't soaked from sweat...that's water from the slip-n-slide.
We also got to take a train ride in by all the horses and cows/longhorns!
We also got a chance to go on a hayride to get up close and personal and feed the horses!
Sometimes the horses got a little too close for comfort for Boston & Chuckles


The day was HOT but FUN! The boys passed out within SECONDS of getting back in the car so Kristin & I decided to let them sleep awhile while we drove to the ghetto (the only snowball stand I knew about at the time) to get us a yummy snowball to top the day off!! Nothing better to eat in the summer time than a SNOWBALL!!!!

1 comment:

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

Awe, I miss it already!! We had so much fun and would come back in a second! It's funny to look at those pictures and see how RED the boys faces are!! They had SO much fun. However.... I am sweating just thinking about it. ;)