Boston's BIRTHday+PARTY!
Our little man is officially THREE! We had a fun time celebrating and were extra lucky to have my mom, Kelli, and Kristin+Charlie come in town to help celebrate. Here's a little recap of Boston's special day(s). We celebrated his birthday and then the next day we had his actual party.
Sunday night I made Kent stay up late and put together Boston's train table because I KNEW as soon as he opened the box, he'd want it set up. So in order for him to enjoy it INSTANTLY, we put it together the night before and the next morning threw a sheet over it and let Boston unveil his present from us!
He LOVED it and still does (thankfully)...please excuse the mess in the background, we were in party planning mode & my house was a wreck because of it.
We also let Boston open his presents from his grandparents that morning (notice Boston's pj change that he HAD to do when he opened his new "soccer jammies" from Mimi).
I made muffins for him since its one of his favorites for breakfast and we sang him happy birthday with candles and all!
The day was pretty low key because we had lots to get ready for the party plus Kristin and Charlie flew in that evening. We enjoyed Chick-fil-a for dinner that night (ONE of Boston's favs...he would've requested Chuck-E-Cheese if I hadn't forced Chick-fil-a but I was NOT about to attempt that place...sorry buddy).
The next day was the PARTY! We did a train theme this year (hence the train table present...sticking with the theme people!) for Boston's LOVE of trains. Its his one interest that has remained his favorite over the past 2 yrs of his life. Here's a little bit of the decor. I was a little peeved that day because the wind was HORRIBLE for my decorations. I couldn't set certain things up that I wanted to, balloons were popping right and left, things were flying everywhere....UGH! I was bugged/stressed but I had to get over it!
The banner that WOULD NOT cooperate! It says "Boston's Train Station."
The party started and the plan was to have all the kids paint their own train and we'd have them put their train boxes on and be one long train....yeah that didn't happen. I think only a few kids cared to paint and the rest were hot and busy playing on the playground. Oh well, I had to let it go...
We ate and then it was time to open presents.
We tried to light the candles on Boston's cupcake but again, the wind was too strong to let us do that. Thankfully, Boston didn't seem to mind too much (surprisingly).
This is the only family picture we got all day....hot, sweaty and none of us paying attention to our picture being taken.
The kids enjoyed the cupcakes
And some much needed drinks
And then I decided that since it was so bloody hot, I'd break the rules of the splash pad and let all the kids in to play in the water! I think that was their favorite part!
No one was prepared with swimsuits because I didn't plan on doing that so they all stripped down. Isabel refused any clothes and just played in her underwear (I don't blame her).
All these ladies got to reunite for a little while. They've all been really close friends for years but no longer live close (Nena--Houston, Mom--Baton Rouge, Kathi--Singapore).
Then the party was over.....
Thanks to everyone for making this a special day for Boston! Special shout out to Kristin for all her ideas and help! You're the best!! Also, thanks Mom and Kelli for being thrown into the party mix and helping and also dealing with my stressed self! I owe you! ;)
13 comments:
I am weeping already. Just looking at those pictures wishes we were closer so the boys could play together again. I'm sorry we caused so much drama though. I hope your home is back to normal now that we are all gone.
Charlie misses his playmate. He's now back with ponies, strollers, and baby dolls. Poor guy. We miss Houston already! Love you guys, and thanks again for puttin gup with us.
How cute! You did a great job with the decorations...so creative!
SERIOUSLY IT WAS SO CUTE! I LOVED IT ALL AND THE KIDS HAD A BLAST! LOVE THE PICS OF THE FUN!
Wow Karlee you are such a cute creative little mom! Sounds like a birthday boy paradise! Wish we couldve been there to celebrate with the boss man! Miss you guys!
stinkin cute! good job!
WOW! what a fun party! I think you did an amazing job!!! That splash pad looks awesome!
Awesome job with everything. I loved everything I saw. And how fun that the kids got to get all wet and that wasn't even part of the plan. Too cute! I can't wait for kid parties :)
2 things.
1. those pajamas (the truck ones) Crew had, I washed once and the decal fell off the front of it... how are yours holding up?
2. You throw the cutest party I have ever seen! Please come up on July 17th and do Crew's first birthday for me! I am lost.
What a fun day! Hope he loved it!
Wow! What a party! That is awesome!
GREAT JOB Karlee! And you say that you are not "crafty"! Everything looks so professional and perfect:)
Such a cute party! Wished I could have been there to see it up close. I can't believe these chirrins are getting so old so quick! and thank youthank you thank you for adding pics of the girls. typical izz, miss her already.
and SSEE YOU SOON!
Happy Birthday Boston!! I can't believe he is 3 already! I remember when he was born, he was such a darling baby! Looks like you made it a fun day for him :)
Post a Comment