Monday, January 04, 2010

OUR 6TH CHRISTMAS TOGETHER!
We are back from Louisiana and trying to get our lives back in order for the New Year. I SHOULD be unpacking, cleaning, doing laundry and organizing but I'm not. Instead I'm blogging about Christmas!
I was THRILLED about Christmas this year because Boston TOTALLY got it. I couldn't WAIT to see his face on Christmas morning and watch all his reactions.

Every Christmas Eve we have a tradition to open ONE present. This ONE present happens to be new Christmas jammies every year (as a kid it took me awhile to catch onto this).

I was THRILLED when I stumbled across these pj's for Boston's this year! They were EXACTLY what I was looking for AND I even scored and found some red slippers!!!

Kent refused in year ONE of our marriage to have Christmas pj's pants SOOO in order to keep him happy, it his a "tradition" to get him new basketball shorts that he wears to bed instead (marriage is compromise right?).


We then headed over to Hillary's house for a "Cajun" Christmas Eve with Kent's family.

See a resemblance in these two?

Little Melia smiling for the camera (she put on makeup earlier that day).
Meet the HILARIOUS little Heather Marie....."I just want my candy" (said in her sweet little southern accent)!



The last gift of the night was for Carol......
We all pitched in and got her this:
If anyone deserves it, SHE DOES!
Christmas morning came and went too fast personally.....Boston scored with a ton more toys from Santa (thank GOODNESS he also remembered to include books & puzzles)!

Santa made Charlie's dreams come true by getting him EVERY car from the movie "CARS" and he was in HEAVEN the rest the morning!
Papa and Mimi also made sure Santa packed THIS toy on his sled which SCORED MAJOR points with the grand kids!


From the time that Santa brought these new Geotrax til we got up in the morning, they same how managed to STOP working. So Boston's most exciting gift turned out to be a FLOP!
Kelli and Rylee both scored Snuggies from Mimi and Papa (yes, this WAS a desired item from BOTH of them).
Then dad opened the LAST present under the tree and got a little emotional (well, we all did). Some sweet ladies in our stake made my dad a blanket sewn with all the stake t-shirts over 9 1/2 years he was stake pres. (he got released this past June). It was a sweet moment and a PERFECT gift to top Christmas day!
Oh, we did open one more gift after that and it was one of the most creative little gifts I've seen in awhile! They were tissue boxes and the tag on them said something like "....here's a little something to 'blow' after Christmas!" We started to pull out a wad of cash! PERFECT GIFT! Thanks CALVERTS!!!

Mom and Dad had a sweet moment dancing in the kitchen celebrating her Christ Botti tickets dad got her (they are too cute).
Of course we had our Christmas day breakfast (more like BRUNCH) that daddy makes every year. It is always SUPERB! I'm hoping we can keep this tradition going when we start doing Christmas at our own house but I don't know if we'll be able to live up to dad's cooking!
Why no Kari in this picture? They did Christmas with the Combe's in Utah this year and didn't come until that Sunday.....we were SOOO sad little Krew didn't get to spend his FIRST Christmas with us!!!

We had a FABULOUS Christmas with our families in Louisiana! Each year they get better and BETTER!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

6 comments:

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

Great Christmas post! I already miss it, although I think we were all getting ready to head home. I miss everyone already! Hope you had a safe trip back! Love you guys.

Kiersten said...

Those pics are all seriously so cute. Kristin's kids (and of course Boston, too) get cuter every year!! Glad you got to have good times with the fam!

Amanda and Brandon Jamison said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! Love your haired curled by the way. We miss you guys...looking forward to coming back on saturday!!

Brent and Britta said...

Dang those are some cute kids! I am totally in love with Charlie's hair and totally want to copy it for Crew when he's old enough... I like the Christmas jammie pants tradition... if I was more prepared I would love to do that - Crew got jammies, but I'm pretty sure I would have to do basketball shorts for Brent too...

Jeni said...

i love bostons jammies!!
and brian refuses to do jammies too. we always get him basketball shorts. that is funny. the rest of the guys HATE it. they want their jammy tradition back. haha

Jenn said...

I love all the pics. Love yall's traditions of the jammies. I think I'm going to have to start that one up. That is such an awesome gift of the tshirt quilt. I think everyone in the stake would have loved to see his reaction. We love him so much... he is amazing! BTW the grandkids could seriously all pass for brothers and sisters. Wow!