Friday, January 08, 2010

NAWLINS DARLIN'
One of the days we were in Baton Rouge, we took a little trip down to New Orleans. I was determined to do something DIFFERENT from what we usually do down there and I think we accomplished that!
By the time my family finally got ready, out to door and down to New Orleans it was lunch time. All the good restaurants have LINES around the corner waiting to get in so since we had 5 kids with us, we decided to find some place WITHOUT lines. So we "settled" for Mr. B's! IT WAS SUPERB!!!!!! I LOVED IT (although I don't know how excited they were when they saw us bring 5 kids in...)! Now, I'm just waiting to go back to his other restaurant Dicky Brennans so I can try that steak that Kent has gone ON AND ON about since LAST Christmas!

After lunch, we headed up to ride to STREET CAR (yes, STREET CAR NOT trolley, cable car, etc.) which I PERSONALLY thought would be enjoyable for everyone. Boston LOVED it....he kept quoting Polar Express and saying, "ALL ABOARD THE POLAR EXPRESS!!!" Rylee and Sophie also played along by asking to "punch our tickets please!"

Although most of us enjoyed it, this picture pretty much sums up how Kari felt about it. Let's just say a stop and go streetcar that lasts about 45 minutes (that's to ONE end...let me remind you we had to go BACK) did not keep Krew very entertained.


We stopped in the Garden District and got a little Coldstone so everyone could breath, calm down and prep for the ride back.
You can't help but love this little Chuckles (Chad's IDENTICAL TWIN)...his momma ain't so bad either!

We drove through the Garden District which is where all the BEAUTIFUL southern style homes reside. Somewhere Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt have a house but I have NO idea which one was theirs and quite frankly being a Jennifer Aniston fan, I wasn't too overly anxious to try and spot it either.
For one reason or the other the streetcar ride took quite sometime so we weren't left with much time to do anything else. Although we WERE determined to get beignets before we left. We didn't have time to sit and eat at Cafe Du Monde so we had to get them to go. A person from each car was designated to be dropped of, stand in line and get the beignets to then be picked back up when the cars drove back by (there is NO parking quick parking in the Quarter). I about lost my husband since his phone DIED WHILE I was getting the beignets and he was MIA. After a little panic and a search around the streets of New Orleans, we were reunited. I wanted to get mad at him for not realizing his phone was about to die BEFORE I got out of the car OR while we were BBMing the WHOLE time I was in line but when I got in the car and saw how concerned and worried he was, I didn't have the heart (what can I say, I'm a softy).

Great day. Great fun. Great company.
SOOO much to do in New Orleans and I've probably only done 1/4 of it!

1 comment:

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

GREAT post! I love New Orleans and I'm glad we make it down there everytime we go back and visit Mom and Dad; although a little hecktic at times. =)
Love you guys.