Tuesday, April 29, 2008

SWEET SOUTHERN COMFORT
We just got back Saturday evening from our visit to Louisiana! We were supposed to come home Thursday but we weren't finished redecorating the rooms I'd set out to help mom redecorate so we extended our stay! We were busy, busy running around shopping, painting, and visiting family and friends! I LOVE staying busy and always on the go because it makes the days go by and it makes me just feel like I'm accomplishing things! Anyway, here's a brief summary of our vacation down south!
Boston cruising around Mimi & Papa's house. Since my parents have hardwood floors Boston had to learn how to fall gracefully while walking around instead of flat on his hands like he normally does at home! After a day or so, he had it down AND I think it made him learn to walk better because the wood floors are rough on the little man's knees!
We also got to visit with Grandma and Aunt Hillary and Melia! It was SOO cute to see Boston and Melia interact! She's gotten SOO big since Christmas and LOVES babies so she was so sweet to Boston! She got on the floor when he would crawl and decided she wanted to be a baby like Boston! So they cruised around together! It was TOO cute! Can't wait to see ya'll when you come to visit next week!
We got to meet Papa for lunch and dinner a few times since he was very busy with work and church while we were there! Papa is trying to make sure Boston has Bluth blood in him and got him to try his first taste of salsa which of course HE LOVED!
Boston's face POST salsa tasting!
Snapshot Dad took of Boston that I loved and had to post...
Boston also learned how to climb stairs while there. He's never been around stairs since he's been mobile but he knew exactly what to do when he saw them...no fear there!
You can't leave Louisiana during crawfish season without eating crawfish (sidenote: for all you non-southern's out there it IS CRAWFISH not crayfish, crawdaddies, mud bugs or whatever you call it...it's CRAWFISH!!)!!! YUM! It was DELICIOUS and I'm SOO happy I made it down during this time of year! OH, and I was also SOO happy to eat a crawfish poboy when I went to lunch at Sammy's (GREAT southern food) with my best friends from high school Tina and Bethany! You can't beat the food in the south!
Boston was SOO mesmerized by the crawfish! He had NO fear and just picked them up, played with them and tried to figure out what in the world it was! I couldn't even get him to look up and smile for the camera! As my dad says, he had his "Winston Churchill" face on!
The MAIN reason for my trip down to LA was to help mom redecorate one of the guest rooms and the game room! We didn't get everything that I WANTED to get done but I'm proud my mom was able to make the choices she did as quick as she did! I LOVE how the bedroom turned out! The green is VERY bright but it looks SOO good with all the stuff in there and everything back in place! If you look in Pottery Barn, its very in right now. We matched the bedding from PB with the paint that they have in the magazine now and this is how it turned out! Sorry I didn't get a completed picture but it looks GREAT! We also repainted the bathroom, or I should say painted over the wallpaper (did you know that you could do that?!?). It turned out GREAT and I didn't get a finished picture of it either! But with the red towels and the striped towels that match the bedding it looks SOOO good! I'll have to take a completed picture of it when we go back for the 4th! Lastly we bought some new furniture for the game room and that's about all we got done in there! Hopefully we get it finished in July or maybe MOM will complete it and surprise me when I come! HA!
We also ran into George when we there too (PRESIDENT George Bush that is....). I'm going to do a separate post on that one though because I have videos that I don't feel like doing right now but I'll post more about that soon!!
Our trip was FABULOUS and FUN! I was sooo glad to see everyone I did and help spend Daddy's money like the olden days! =) See ya'll again soon!

7 comments:

jamie said...

Yeah it looks so good and like ya'll had so much fun! I am so glad that you are back, I feel like we haven't hung out in forever and we need to all get together this weekend. I am SO much fatter than last time you saw me! It is sooooo weird and uncomfortable and weird!

Katie said...

Boston is TOO CUTE! I can't get over these pictures!! ANyway, your mom's house looks great and the GREEN looks fab! Great job!

Mare said...

I love the picture of boston and the Crawfish. I am so jealous of how easy going boys are with stuff like that. Makes me want a little man! He is getting so big and so totally adorable!

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

Like I said before...I'm definetly jealous that you got to go down and spend daddy's moula! =)
J/K Dad!! But I do think the room is really limey, but once you put up all the WHITE things ya'll bought, I think it will look better. I'm excited to see it all when we go there for the 4th!! And those pics of Boston are too great. I love the one of him smiling on the stairs! It looks like that kid has almost a full set of teeth up top. Man, he's getting so big!
Oh and the crawfish....that is AWESOME!! Because you know my girls wouldn't even go near that if they saw it laying on the table. Good job chub chub!

critts said...

what a fun trip! I love the pictures of Boston with the crawfish.

Empress Bop Around the Clock said...

Okay, I absolutetly LOVE LOVE those pictures of Boston! He IS ADORABLE! Did he get to try the crawfish he was so mezmerized with? That's so good that he wasn't scared of them...he's such brave little boy! My other favorite photo was of Boston tasting the salsa. He looked like he LOVED it! Definately has BLUTH blood in him! He's such a happy, smiley baby! I just want to squeeze him! :) I'm jealous you got to help decorate mama's rooms. I can't wait to see the final results when we go there in July. I wish I had that kind of budget to decorate my house! Could you imagine?!?!? Think of the possibilities!

Jenn said...

1st Boston is so adorable. Glad i got to see him while yall were down. You look amazing! 2nd I wish I believed painting over wallpaper. My bathroom would probably be done by now. How did that turn out?? I think it all depends on how good the wallpaper job is. Ours was peeling off when we bought the house and it was pearly too. Gross! Love the bright green. It reminds me of my Aqua studio (office).