CHUBBY FEET!!!
It has been quite the dilemma trying to find shoes for Boston. Trust me this has been SOOO stressful! Boston's feet are VERY chubby and VERY wide! I've never bought him shoes in the past because nothing fit right, he'd kick them off, and my doc discouraged it. Now Boston is walking and now I officially HAVE to buy him shoes! I've been looking now for 3 or 4 weeks and no such luck! I finally broke down and bought these crocs which his feet STILL bulge out of but I ended up taking them back because I felt guilty paying that much for shoes! But now I'm beginning to realize that I'm going to have to pay between $40-$60 for shoes he'll grow out of in week (ok hopefully a little bit longer than that!). I've looked a few places people have told me about and no luck but I'm off to my last hopefully place today, "Stride Rite" (I looked at the outlet in Louisiana but they had nothing that fit). Oh and I will say I'm going to get some "PediPeds" which from what people say are FANTASTIC shoes for babies because they are so flexible and good for babies who are learning how to walk. With those shoes though, I can't just order them because he needs to try them on to make sure his fat feet fit in them! So sad my son can't where all the cute shoes they have out there.....If any of you have any good suggestions, I'd LOVE to hear them!

5 comments:
Karlee I know just how you feel. Braden is the same way with the very chubby feet ( and hands) and it's so hard to find shoes that fit. I've found that Crocs do work pretty well. Also at Children's Place they have sandels that velcro on top making it easier to put on, and their tennie shoes are good too....good luck!
my sister had the same problem with her little guy...but new balance makes some dang cute little toddler shoes that come in "wide" and that is what she got. maybe check it out! worth a shot!:) i have even seen them at like tjmaxx or marshalls or some places like that...or online.
hi Karlee, my name is Kristen and i was actually in the Withers' ward before they moved and we moved to separate areas, so please don't think i'm some stranger! :) i wanted to comment on this post because before becoming a SAHM, i was an assistant manager at Nordstrom in the Kids' Shoes department, so i know a tid bit about baby shoes. stride rite's are great because they give excellent support and do come in wides. i think pedipeds and robeez are better though, especially for first time walkers, because they are more flexible! i'm not sure how old your son is but if he's just starting out, i'd definitely go with those. and i know that it's expensive, women's and kid's shoes are by far the most expensive if you want the best, but it's TOTALLY and COMPLETELY worth it. many feet problems are caused by not wearing good shoes as your feet develop when your smaller! and even though Nordstrom is known for the best in every brand, they are ALWAYS competitively priced! you'll always find the best price there! i definitely still shop there for my son's shoes, even without the discount! :) there are pedipeds and robeez at nordstrom and a TON of other great brands too, so definitely go check it out! and don't forget to get his feet measured! i hope this helped a little! :)
Well, you've heard all my suggestions....but those crocks are ADORABLE. He's little squishy feet look so cute in those things!
those sandals are so cute! where in the world did you get those? I do love pedipeds - we've gotten a few pairs for Marc and they are cute AND they let him move easily.
Post a Comment