Monday, August 20, 2007

AND OUR NEW CALLING IS.....

Did I ever tell anyone that we got callings? It has been oh....about 2 1/2 years since I've had a calling. How I got away with that I have no idea but I wasn't necessarily complaining. Well the Lord decided to get back at me since he gave Kent and I the wonderful calling of becoming nursery assistants! Okay, okay I can say that I wasn't totally disappointed about it. I can say I'd perfer this over MANY other callings. We met with the nursery leader last Thurs and she filled us in and told us we were going to be over the 18 month old kids...more like BABIES! Maybe since I've never had a 18 month child, I didn't fully understand how much this kids don't comprehend! We prepared a lesson and thought we had some cute things prepared for Sunday. Well, when the first few kids came I knew we weren't going to do those things. These children can't even talk in sentences let alone sit and comprehend a lesson or even color a picture! This is definately going to test Kent's patience...there were a few times on Sunday where I caught him big eyed, holding his breath and trying to stay calm! I guess this is going to prepare us for our future with Boston. They said it was a temporary calling only through December...but I'm sure they tell everyone that who gets called. If they are trying to get us to stay in the ward I don't know if this is the way to do it......Oh and did I mention I'm also taking care of Boston at the same time as trying to keep 5 (soon to be 7) kids in line?

2 comments:

jamie said...

good LUCK! It is totally a sign you should move to Keller. LOL just kidding. Brett and I did sunbeams last year and THAT was hard enough for me! They were definitely the worst behaved in all of primary because Brett and I had no clue. Hmm, maybe thats why we don't have babies yet...just kidding. Can't wait to see ya'll tomorrow!

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

That is so great. I could totally see Kent in there trying his hardest to keep calm. That is so funny. You guys will do a great job in there!! If you need any ideas let me know.