Friday, November 13, 2015

garth! garth! garth!

When it was announced that GARTH BROOKS was coming to the DFW, I knew tickets were a MUST.  Kent even promised to come along if the tickets didn't get too pricey.  He's not much of a concert goer (in fact, in the first years of our marriage he only promised me FOUR concerts in this life....well Garth was my FOURTH but I can promise it won't be his last concert with me) and ESPECIALLY not a country boy.  
The night of the concert, Kent came out dressed like a TRUE cowboy.  He didn't just buy some cheap-o gear either.  He went head to toe for the REAL cowboy stuff.  The only thing missing was his cowboy buckle (boots not pictured).
I died. 
Our seats were all in different places (that's what you get when you try to get 6 seats together to a sold out show) so we had to scream by our lonesome as our husbands sat quietly and watched.
 This man doesn't stop.  He's amazing and seriously LOVES his fans and LOVES what he does.  It's why you can't help but love him!  
 I stood up, screamed, sang loud and danced like a crazy person the WHOLE night.  EVERY song was the BEST.  I love my husband for putting up with my craziness for the night.  He did end the night with appreciation and respect for the man who was doing SEVEN back to back shows in Dallas.
Also, you know you are getting old when you go to the concert of a musician you grew up listening to and EVERYONE around you was OLD.  Like OLD.  Like, me being 31 was probably one of the YOUNGEST people there.  
The night was one for the books and he was JUST as good as I remember!!! I would see him over and OVER again.  
I LOVE GARTH!!!

No comments: