Wednesday, July 30, 2014

america

We headed to Baton Rouge like we usually do for the 4th of July every year.  Usually, the whole family comes in town but sadly, only Kari and I could make it this year.  The boys missed having ALL their cousins and it was quite different not having everyone around. 
We still tried to make the best of it.
 I looked at this picture and just realized my dad is wearing a pink shirt....
 We had more of a "mini" Olympics this year compared to years past.  Part because we had a lack of people and also because I'm just a tired, lazy pregnant chick who didn't have the energy to go over and beyond.
 Boston was thrilled that he FINALLY won the pudding eating contest....Hudson and Krew weren't too much of competition.
 
 
 Impressively, my mom beat Kari and me.
 
Boston really wanted to have a pudding fight with the leftover pudding pies.  I told him to attack his dad.  Kent was caught completely off guard and it made Boston's day!
 
 Hudson was a fish all day.  The kid cracks us up.
 
 If Kent or I were in the water, we would let Hudson take his floaties off and practice swimming.  Slowly but surely he is getting better.
The boys enjoy trying different "tricks" off the diving board. 
 
Again, this kid kills me.
 After we grilled, ate homemade ice cream, and swam it was finally dark enough for fireworks.
 Boston has always had sensitive ears to LOUD noises.  He HATES loud noise.  The first few years of fireworks he didn't even want to be outside but the last few years he's done GREAT and it hasn't phased him.  For whatever reason this year he was FREAKING out.  Like tears, hysterical....the whole 9 yards.  Part of it was because he was EXTREMELY tired and I also know that he had a friend freak him out a little with his "firework story".  So sadly, he missed the main show.  Let's hope he's a little better when New Year's comes around.
 
 That's another successful, yet quiet July 4th for the books! 

1 comment:

Mom said...

So happy you document these family times together! Some day I may have to get a copy for my history. And by the way, I may not be good at some things, but I am a VERY good eater!!! The Bluth pride was at stake! HA! We had a great time with ya'll!