Saturday, June 07, 2014

28 weeks

28 weeks.
Still growing.
Large.  Very large.
Last week, I went to my yummy glucose test.  I actually don't terribly hate the drink, I just hate that I have to sit and wait an hour around unfriendly, blood sucking people.
When I went in for my doctor's appointment, he told me I BARELY passed my glucose.  I've never failed before so I wasn't completely surprised. 
We set my scheduled c-section date:
AUGUST 18
There's an end in sight.
After he measured me, I asked if I was measuring large because I feel that way.  And, yes of course I was.  He is a tad concerned only because I barely passed the glucose test.  I'm going back in a few weeks for an ultra sound to see JUST how big baby is.  If he's too large, he said he won't call me a diabetic but he will have me visit the dietitian.  He did tell me to take it easy on the carbs for now, which is sadly what I crave. 
All of my pregnancy aches and pains seem to be coming much earlier this go around.  I do NOT remember retaining so much water in my legs and ankles.  Those ankles of mine like to swell up like you wouldn't believe!  My lower back pains which are almost unbearable have arrived and sadly, I've got 11 more weeks to put up with them.  I also had some sort of pains on my right side the other day (cramping possibly?) which were completely unbearable.  Now, I'm no wimp so when I say it hurt, it hurt.  I was running errands with the boys and at our last stop, I could barely even walk out of the door to the car.  Once I got home, I laid right down and asked Boston to get lunch for the boys (he's never done this before but stepped up and completely surprised me---probably won't be the last time he's asked to make lunch).  It was probably a good 45 minutes of me laying down that it finally somewhat subsided that is until I stood up to walk around then it would come back.  Thankfully, it finally went away and I'm hoping that doesn't happen again!  Oh the joys of pregnancy. 
In the meantime, baby boy is kicking constantly.  I feel him 24/7.  Literally. 
The boys are very excited to meet him.  It took Hudson awhile to feel comfortable to touch my belly but now he gives it loves and hugs all the time saying, "I lub you baby broder! Come out and play!"
Followed by, "Mom, can he talk yet?"  He'll even sing "You are my Sunshine" to him sometimes.  I'm anxious to see him as a big brother.
My latest cravings include:
ICE water (I love crunching on the ice)
PBJ
 Potato Chips
Watermelon
We are anxiously counting down the weeks to meet this little boy (or as Hudson calls him, RED).
 

1 comment:

Cassie said...

you are seriously the cutest pregnant girl ever!