Saturday, June 28, 2014

kind words

We (aka Boston) were struggling with using kind words in our home.  I was getting extremely frustrated and decided to have an FHE to help put us back on track.
After making a list of things that we should and should not say to each other, I told the boys that once we filled up a jar with cotton balls, they could choose a fun reward. 
They chose bowling.
So after 2 weeks of working hard to keep cotton balls in the jar and getting new ones at the end of each day, the boys finally earned their reward.
So the night before girl's camp, we headed to the bowling alley.
Everything is a competition in this household.  With that said, as much as I hate to admit, Kent came out on top---but only because he got FIVE strikes in a ROW...WITH bumpers. 
Whatever. 

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Great idea...I need to steal this idea ;)