Sunday, December 23, 2012

Snow

A few Saturdays ago, we had a JAM PACKED day.  It was filled with LOTS to do but it was all totally worth it. 
 Early that morning, we had our church Christmas party.  We showed up in our PJ's and the boys basically downed donuts amongst all the options they had to eat there.
After visiting with friends and being serenaded by Christmas songs, we had s short break in our day to relax at home and let Hudson nap.  Then it was GO time.  We headed over to Bridgeland to their Holiday Festival where they had TONS of free fun stuff for the kids. 
First up...snow.
 Yes, this is how we do snow.  75+ degrees out.  Shorts.  Flip flops.  Fake snow. 
 Hey, we take what we can get. 
 Boston loved it. 
 Hudson hated it. 
He preferred jumping in the jump house endlessly.
 One of the main reasons we came was to watch my friend Emily's choir, The Texas Stars, perform.  It was precious.  She puts so much hard work and dedication into this local choir and the kids did so great!  I'm not one to turn away good Christmas music.
 The boys were anxious to go on the train.  We stood in a LONG line while the kids played all for a short ride around.  I guess what matters is that the kids loved it...and had great friends to enjoy it with.
 We love these girls!  Hudson is SERIOUSLY attached.  McKenna is our future babysitter and sweet Millie can tag along ANY time.  Millie is a piece of work who I just LOVE.  Hudson has the nickname of "Huddy Hud" in our house...well Millie has renamed him "Honey Hud".  He's always in good hands when these girls are around and DOES NOT lack any attention.
After quickly decorating a cookie, we had to bail (even though we missed Santa, his reindeer and dozens of other things). 
Boston's primary teacher had planned a Christmas party for all the kids in his class at church.  She is SO sweet and just loves all those kids....we couldn't miss out.  I wish I took pictures of all the food, games and fun that she put into this party.  THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS.  Let's just say she's from RIO and knows how to cook!  Our family had a great time and we appreciate her being so generous and kind...we were sad we had to bail early...BUT Kent and I had planned a date night to tackle some CHRISTMAS SHOPPING.
We dropped the kids at the house with the sitter and were off to get it DONE.  I'm proud to say, we completed about 70% of it that night.  We went from nothing for our boys to almost everything.
Although the holidays are a busy time, I definitely enjoy all these memories our family is making.  I call Kent the grinch and he thinks I'm WAY overboard on the Christmas cheer/holiday celebrating.  I think I'm starting to break him though....

No comments: